Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who mows your lawn?
Me or a member of my immediate family 26 63.41%
A neighborhood kid 0 0%
A landscaping company that may or may not employ illegal immigrants. 15 36.59%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 05:15 PM

169 posts, read 632,899 times

Advertisements

Well, maybe I'm living behind the times but to me the phrase "Native American" means someone who belongs to or is descended from someone who belonged to one of the many tribes of what we used to call (before Political Correctness descended upon us) "Indians".

I consider myself an American of British and French-Canadian descent, with a dash of Austrian thrown in from my maternal great-great-grandfather's side after he ran off with an 16-year-old hottie from Vienna. All of my ancestors were originally immigrants and all pre-dated any kind of legal requirement for entering the USA. So I'm an American who is descended from immigrants (for which I sincerely thank them all -- nothing against Britain, Quebec, or Austria but I like it much better here )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 05:33 PM

1,058 posts, read 3,488,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrantia View Post
Well, maybe I'm living behind the times but to me the phrase "Native American" means someone who belongs to or is descended from someone who belonged to one of the many tribes of what we used to call (before Political Correctness descended upon us) "Indians".

I consider myself an American of British and French-Canadian descent, with a dash of Austrian thrown in from my maternal great-great-grandfather's side after he ran off with an 16-year-old hottie from Vienna. All of my ancestors were originally immigrants and all pre-dated any kind of legal requirement for entering the USA. So I'm an American who is descended from immigrants (for which I sincerely thank them all -- nothing against Britain, Quebec, or Austria but I like it much better here )
But you are a native American and not an immigrant. Your native country is the United States.

Native-Americans is the politically correct term for what were once Indians, but the most accurate term would be indigeneous or better yet to call such peoples by their own names: Sioux, Cherokee, Dakota, Apache, etc...

Old 10-20-2007, 05:37 PM

1,058 posts, read 3,488,366 times
Quote:
but the most accurate term would be indigeneous

indigenous

Old 10-22-2007, 02:46 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,668,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
These illegel workers have ZERO intellegence & common sense.

I have found that they are polite, hardworking and kind. Their culture is one of humility and respect. A lot of us could learn from them.
Hear, hear. Second.

You don't, nor are you likely in the future to, see their kids OD'ing on coke and heroin.

They are also entrepreneurially oriented. I worked for one in California who ran a family owned business. I was the only Anglo who worked there. And, I had a harder time working for most Americans.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:35 PM

491 posts, read 828,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
Hear, hear. Second.

You don't, nor are you likely in the future to, see their kids OD'ing on coke and heroin.
Oh no this group are drinkers and women beaters. Most become felons by age 16 doing sex crimes, DWI, gangs,
Check the California prison population, they make up over 80%.
Ask ANY police or corrections officer.

The California wildfires were likley started by "south of the border" squatters the woods.

Last edited by Joe L; 10-23-2007 at 08:44 PM..

Old 10-23-2007, 09:22 PM

169 posts, read 632,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
Oh no this group are drinkers and women beaters. Most become felons by age 16 doing sex crimes, DWI, gangs,
Check the California prison population, they make up over 80%.
Ask ANY police or corrections officer.

The California wildfires were likley started by "south of the border" squatters the woods.
JoeL, why don't you just change your CD username to "Archie"?

Old 10-24-2007, 02:55 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,677,396 times
This Guy.

C
Attached Thumbnails
Who mows your lawn?-mow.jpg  

Old 10-24-2007, 03:03 PM

491 posts, read 828,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
This Guy.

C
Ahh jezz crack jokes

Illegal and pissed family members of deported Illegals are likley those in custody over the California fires!!!

Its ARSON !
I SAID IT FIRST

Old 10-24-2007, 04:03 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
I truly truly hope that you are wrong, joe l.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:17 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,511,090 times
I'm pretty sure he is. Aside from Joe L having a ridiculous attitude similar to what I'd imagine people thought of reefer crazed negroes in the 20s, I bet a lot of those homes that are burning had pretty big lawns. Why would illegals want to take money out of their own pockets?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island