Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 02:01 PM

13,507 posts, read 16,970,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambwe View Post
Would you let a waiter stick their finger in your mouth? I wouldn't, but that's basically what's happening when someone picks food off of your plate. I hate when people touch my food. My mother in law once stuck her nose in my plate to smell my food...She's lucky she is still standing.

Keep your hands off of my food.

As for yor sponge argument, that is my own doing. If I want to clean my sponge I can. People should eat off my plate without me knowing.
There are people putting their hands all over your food wherever it is made, whether it's your or someone else..get over it with the OCD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 02:46 PM

7,801 posts, read 10,072,048 times
Diner food sucks, I would rather eat White Castle over diner food.

That being said virtually all fast food and "chain casual" locations are privately owned franchises so in a way they are 'local guys' too. Very few chains still have large numbers of corporate owned locations - 80% of McDonald's locations and 77% of Taco Bell location are franchises.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:55 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,979,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mambwe View Post
Would you let a waiter stick their finger in your mouth? I wouldn't, but that's basically what's happening when someone picks food off of your plate. I hate when people touch my food. My mother in law once stuck her nose in my plate to smell my food...She's lucky she is still standing.

Keep your hands off of my food.

As for yor sponge argument, that is my own doing. If I want to clean my sponge I can. People should eat off my plate without me knowing.
What a joke. It's not your food until it's placed in front of you. The irony is the higher priced and fancier the restaurant, the more likely the chef is not wearing sanitary gloves or following health rules to the letter because he is concerned with intricate presentation. And lots of dive bodegas have cleaner kitchens than Michelin starred restaurants depending on who is more conscientious and what their profit margin needs to be. Whatever makes simpleminded people feel better is the best thing and that is usually to tell them nothing. "Touch your french fry?! Why I never..." Maybe they sneezed on the whole plate. Guess you'll never know.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:04 PM

13,507 posts, read 16,970,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
What a joke. It's not your food until it's placed in front of you. The irony is the higher priced and fancier the restaurant, the more likely the chef is not wearing sanitary gloves or following health rules to the letter because he is concerned with intricate presentation. And lots of dive bodegas have cleaner kitchens than Michelin starred restaurants depending on who is more conscientious and what their profit margin needs to be. Whatever makes simpleminded people feel better is the best thing and that is usually to tell them nothing. "Touch your french fry?! Why I never..." Maybe they sneezed on the whole plate. Guess you'll never know.
There are a lot of people out there who try really hard to let other people know how "clean" they are compared to everyone else. Unless you are growing your own food in your backyard, everything you eat is handled by someone else.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:10 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,044,151 times
Mambwe.....most food service workers dont wash their hands after defecating.

Chew on that for a bit.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:28 PM

11,575 posts, read 12,593,254 times
Do they still have long waits at the Cheesecake Factory? I never understood why. None of the franchised restaurants were as good as the original one.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:47 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,989,272 times
Eating is the only hobbie left on long island.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:25 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,592,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Do they still have long waits at the Cheesecake Factory? I never understood why. None of the franchised restaurants were as good as the original one.
We don't dine at large chains, but when CF came to Smithhaven Mall I dragged my husband there. I had been to the original one over 20 years ago and enjoyef my meal, but I wasn't impressed by the lunch at the Lake Grove location.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Old 02-21-2013, 07:16 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,756,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
Eating is the only hobbie left on long island.
BAAH-zingggg!

Don't forget about shopping, esp. at the mall, the no. 1 participant sport on LI.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:40 AM

520 posts, read 1,647,335 times
Another gem from everyones favorite Moderator cut: inappropriate (and very outdated) insult

I understand what goes on in kitchens. Like I said, I have worked in two. I'm sure they weren't the cleanest nor the dirtiest. What I posted was the LEAST offensive thing I have seen happen in a kitchen that I have worked in. I guess I should let it slide if I see spit on my hamburger next time I eat out because it happened in the kitchen before I "owned" it. What a brilliant statement.

I am not OCD about anything nor is it a statement on how clean I am. Simply stating that I don't like people touching my food. Of course I know it happens - I've seen it. One of the restaurants I worked in was Boulder Creek, which is where I ate the other night. If I had OCD I wouldn't have eaten there or eat out at all. Ignorance is bliss. If I don't see it then obviously I can't do anything about it. Just a pet peeve of mine.

I highly doubt Michelin Star rated restaurant are a mess. Not that I dine in many, but I've eaten at a few nice places and I don't thing you could put out that quality of food if your kitchen is a complete mess.

You should see what happens if I see a hair in my food...

Last edited by nancy thereader; 02-22-2013 at 01:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island