Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 11:07 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,531,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
In Vegas, it's illegal aliens, degenerate gamblers, lots and lots of hookers, dancers and call girls, drug dealers and gangbangers. They make up a significant portion of the population over there, so that must be what's ideal. Me? I'll pass on those.

There is a reason why we pay 10k++++ in taxes. There is a reason why during the housing slump L.I. Only took a 10-20% +/- decline in housing. When most places (Vegas) took a 50% +/- in housing.

People move off of L.I. Mostly for financial reason only. The ones that move, usually go to FL or NC

Now if you would of said you moved to CT, MA, I'd be impressed.

Vegas? Really?

Last edited by Spanky25; 04-18-2013 at 11:15 AM..

Old 04-18-2013, 11:21 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christafer View Post
Here come the reinforcements

Vegas is not just the strip. Like the Island has its poor neighborhoods and has more white trash to. Lots of drifters. It's a once booming town that is once again starting to grow. Unlike LI.

And just because you come to the place to gamble, not everyone gambles.

I'm going for lunch.
Oh please, like the Island! Spare me the BS!

Vegas = many of white = trash, drifters, stick up kids, thieves, burglars, 1% outlaw bikers, addicts, dealers, meth cookers, hookers, strippers, call girls, with tons of whites in jail and prison.

LI = TINY minority of white = the above.

Look at the LI Serial Killer. Not one of his victims (white hookers) was a native Long Islander and most of them were just passing through to hook and didn't even live on LI. The only one who actually lived in a rental on LI was originally from North Carolina.

Look at the Green River Killer of Washington state. Most of his victims (white hookers with a few minorities thrown in for good measure) were natives of the area. Why? Much more white trash is bred in the West (where Vegas is also located) than on LI.

Sorry, but there is a huge difference between the quality of the people on LI and in the West. Huge. Just watch MSNBC's Lockup and see all the trashy whites in prison out there, including lots of women.

No, it is not "like the Island."

Old 04-18-2013, 12:09 PM

55 posts, read 88,044 times
Boy I've got to say LI has good pizza... I miss the pie.

Now that I've let the cat out of the bag, yes, as a member of 20-40 year old demographic, I left the Island and got a life elsewhere... I think I called it a wealth builder, the tag team of posters will now spend the rest of the day posting why I'm wrong and why LI is such a great place.

I mean really, the Green River Killer of Washington state? WTF? Oh, the LI Serial Killer picked his victims from the dregs of society, but at least they were not from LI. You all spend too much time watching COPS and 'MSNBC's Lockup. I'm sure all of the jails on LI are all sunshine and cookies, with no women prisoners. And there's no crime here... at least not in your burb, right? I call bull.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:

Now that I've let the cat out of the bag, yes, as a member of 20-40 year old demographic, I left the Island and got a life elsewhere... I think I called it a wealth builder, the tag team of posters will now spend the rest of the day posting why I'm wrong and why LI is such a great place.

I mean really, the Green River Killer of Washington state? WTF? Oh, the LI Serial Killer picked his victims from the dregs of society, but at least they were not from LI. You all spend too much time watching COPS and 'MSNBC's Lockup. I'm sure all of the jails on LI are all sunshine and cookies, with no women prisoners. And there's no crime here... at least not in your burb, right? I call bull.
Wealth builder, my azz. Please! Cheaper COL more befitting schmoe status is more like it.

The incontrovertible fact is, when compared to the west (and south and midwest while we are at it), LI breeds much, much less white trash. You cannot prove otherwise. I don't know why it's a fact, but it is. Perhaps next to no trailer homes available for lowlives to establish themselves in?

Perhaps that is why our home values did not SINK precariously and ridiculously like other places that shall not be named.

Just a thought.

Sorry, you cannot get a HUD house for $1.00 in a decent (or even indecent) neighborhood on LI like other places that shall not be named.

Sorry, but any lowlife, minimum wage job, bad credit schmoe with a pulse cannot choose from street after street of "For Sale" signs to "rent to own" a home from a desperate seller on LI like he can in other places that shall not be named.

Sorry, you cannot run away from the facts. I am the first to admit Long Island is NOT perfect but any means, but we do have some distinct advantages for those that care to take advantage of them. It is what it is.

PS: While we may "spend too much time" watching those shows, at least Long Island is not a filming and production destination for those shows ... like other places that shall not be named, one of which currently has a television show devoted solely to its own county jail. There are no COPS episodes filmed on LI, there is no "Policewomen of Nassau and Suffolk County" show. The only Law Enforcement reality series show filmed on LI was a few episodes of "Speeders." Care to guess why? Now why is it that these LE reality shows bypass a large metro area like LI, which is even part of the TMZ of NYC? It could only be one reason: not enough trash to film and the show would be boring! Too bad! Other places like Florida, Vegas, Texas, Nashville, etc., etc., etc., all over the country EXCEPT Long Island = bonanza for filming criminals each and every day!

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 04-18-2013 at 12:43 PM..

Old 04-18-2013, 12:28 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times
Quote:
as a member of 20-40 year old demographic
I call bs... in no way is this possible seeing your posts.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:47 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,746,443 times
Quote:

Christafer
Send Message User Lists
Last Activity: Today 02:41 PM
Visitor Messages (Public)About MeStatisticsFriendsContact Info
Total Posts
Total Posts: 25
Posts Per Day: 25

Old 04-18-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Wealth builder, my azz. Please! Cheaper COL more befitting schmoe status is more like it.

The incontrovertible fact is, when compared to the west (and south and midwest while we are at it), LI breeds much, much less white trash. You cannot prove otherwise. I don't know why it's a fact, but it is. Perhaps next to no trailer homes available for lowlives to establish themselves in?

Perhaps that is why our home values did not SINK precariously and ridiculously like other places that shall not be named.

Just a thought.

Sorry, you cannot get a HUD house for $1.00 in a decent (or even indecent) neighborhood on LI like other places that shall not be named.

Sorry, but any lowlife, minimum wage job, bad credit schmoe with a pulse cannot choose from street after street of "For Sale" signs to "rent to own" a home from a desperate seller on LI like he can in other places that shall not be named.

Sorry, you cannot run away from the facts. I am the first to admit Long Island is NOT perfect but any means, but we do have some distinct advantages for those that care to take advantage of them. It is what it is.
Yes! The home prices collapsed. And now they're on the way back up! It's the beauty of a bust/boom. Just hope you're on the right side. The island's real estate market is at best stagnated. When I sold my fugly cape, the realtor told me our market was dead last nationally. Aside from Hamptons, it's all down baby. Think it's improved that much? Or maybe you live in the Hamptons.

Yes, I admit, the West has white trash. In NY, the trash is every color including white. Take my word for it, NY has the trash market nailed, by sheer volume. And it's growing on LI in leaps and bounds. I saw it in my town.

When we flew into Kennedy, my brother is driving us out, I forgot how crowded and squeezed together everything is. It hits me, things have gotten crappier since I moved. The Island is so crowded, people drive like animals. Rush hour is six hours long. And that's besides the high costs.

So you can post all day and talk junk about other places, but at the end of the day, it's still the Island.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Christafer
Send Message User Lists
Last Activity: Today 02:41 PM
Visitor Messages (Public)About MeStatisticsFriendsContact Info
Total Posts
Total Posts: 25
Posts Per Day: 25
Ew, you can look me up! Good for you...

Old 04-18-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Yes! The home prices collapsed. And now they're on the way back up! It's the beauty of a bust/boom. Just hope you're on the right side. The island's real estate market is at best stagnated. When I sold my fugly cape, the realtor told me our market was dead last nationally. Aside from Hamptons, it's all down baby. Think it's improved that much? Or maybe you live in the Hamptons.

Yes, I admit, the West has white trash. In NY, the trash is every color including white. Take my word for it, NY has the trash market nailed, by sheer volume. And it's growing on LI in leaps and bounds. I saw it in my town.

When we flew into Kennedy, my brother is driving us out, I forgot how crowded and squeezed together everything is. It hits me, things have gotten crappier since I moved. The Island is so crowded, people drive like animals. Rush hour is six hours long. And that's besides the high costs.

So you can post all day and talk junk about other places, but at the end of the day, it's still the Island.
And at the end of the day, the white trash does not breed copiously on LI like it does in the west, midwest and south. Sorry, son, but that's a fact!

Old 04-18-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
I call bs... in no way is this possible seeing your posts.
And who are you?

Nobody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island