Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 12:07 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Guy Guy View Post
and that makes what you write accurate how?

who said anything about grammar?

never mind...
Nobody!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 12:21 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,785,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Guy Guy View Post
and that makes what you write accurate how?

who said anything about grammar?

never mind...
Your post has a grammatical error BTW. I also reported your post under TOS (http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html). You have contributed NOTHING to this thread other than a post attacking me.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
This is interesting. My husband's friend works as a guard at that jail. We have dinner with him often and he's always complaining about how the county doesn't have enough resources to give the inmates what they need. He also complains of how the jail policies all guards follow is "backwards" . I can't wait to hear his take on this! I bet Newsday once again engaged in biased reporting and didn't provide a complete picture of what's really going on there. I am always skeptical of what is written in that rag. Jail conditions aren't supposed to be the equivalent of a stay at Comfort Inn.
Are you sure you didn't switch that up ... "your husband's friend" or "your friend's SO?" Word of advice: believe nothing you hear and half of what you see. Especially with some people. Ask your contact about how a guy who is only qualified to be a jail COOK is now running the whole institution. How did that happen?

Almost all the lawsuits and complaints are about guards who did whatever they pleased, including beating an inmate to death. New management is definitely needed and bad guards should be weeded out.

Nobody wants it to be a Comfort Inn. We just want it to be safe enough that prisoners and guards don't have any excuses to sue the taxpayers of Nassau County. Is that too much to ask? Don't we pay enough taxes as it is without more waste going to lawsuits or should we just keep sucking it up to make the union happy? I dislike criminals as much as anyone else, but it's foolish not to look after our own interests and instead let the jail be a disgrace and give guards who want to phony up their disability claims and prisoners a chance to hit the "Dirtbag's Lawsuit Lotto" at the taxpayers' expense. That's our money! We need to protect our interests and stop the lawsuit opportunities.

As for blaming Newsday's reporting: that's just a completely moronic assumption. Sorry! Several news sources have the exact same information. You know why? Because it's all true. If it was some kind of silly lie made up by Newsday why are State and Federal authorities after them? Why is a review board being appointed at a judge's order? Why are civil rights organizations after them? Why are lawsuits being won over what's happening there? Surely a lawyer has access to WestLaw and LexisNexis to confirm such things, right? Well, not all lawyers have access as I guess it is too expensive for a company to pay subscription access for someone who fills out forms and does coding and will never need such a thing anyway. However, saying "Newsday's reporters are liars" is really being the ostrich with its head in the sand. We need EVERYBODY onboard to pressure the powers that be to take that jail in hand and save our tax money from unnecessary legal fees and lawsuits. Calling Newsday's reporters liars is just hiding from the facts!

Old 04-06-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Your post has a grammatical error BTW. I also reported your post under TOS (http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html). You have contributed NOTHING to this thread other than a post attacking me.
Right here you are breaking the TOS! If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. This is a tough room to play.

PS: grammar, spelling and punctuation are overrated. mathjak107 won Most Informative Poster twice, $500 and $5000. It's intelligence and truthfulness that matters a lot more.

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 04-06-2013 at 12:51 PM..

Old 04-06-2013, 01:52 PM

85 posts, read 125,652 times
Quote:
Excuse me counsel.

You "attacked" the integrity of an article which is the topic at hand.

All I did (and you somehow failed to comprehend) was point out for the record that your written points have been known to be subject to the same skepticism as the writing you criticized. At no time did I attack you personally. I basically did the exact same thing you did, which was question the integrity of a source. OK?

To counter that, you called me a "nazi" and then edited that to call me a "troll". Sure sounds like a violation of the TOS to me...don't worry though, I won't run to big brother crying wolf...

No one cares about your grammar. You're a lawyer.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:30 PM

939 posts, read 1,845,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Judge orders Mangano to appoint jail panel
Judge orders Mangano to appoint jail panel

Well it's about time! They let that place be run into the ground. The guards even beat some poor slob to death. Time to fire everybody and get competent people! Losers! Nassau County taxpayers have had to pay millions and millions of dollars in lawsuit awards and legal fees due to the incompetence at this jail. The crap has been going on since 1999. Another example of why unions should not be allowed in government civil service work.

Oversight board needed for Nassau County jail: NY judge

Decades of complaints ... nothing done ... getting worse. But the civil service union members screwing the place up still get paid, that's for sure. Some of the incompetent guards even have the balls to sue Nassau County taxpayers. I guess we can add those ones to the LIRR "disability" pensions at 45 to play golf 5 days a week.

If this jail continues to be a hellhole, we the taxpayers of Nassau County will continue to pay millions and millions of dollars for the lawsuits. Nobody better accuse me of sticking up for criminals. I am sick of paying my tax dollars in lawsuit money for the incompetence. Just look at this gem of a Federal lawsuit coming up that we the taxpayers will have to foot the bill for:

Lawsuit over rat bite on penis gets go-ahead - US news - Weird news | NBC News

If the civil service union morons continue to be running that jail, more lawsuits for us to pay for are sure to come.
Another temper tantrum? While you're entitled to your opinion, it shouldn't be confused with fact. What you don't know about how the county and the unions operate in Nassau would fill a book. You really ought to get out more!!!

Old 04-08-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcnret View Post
Another temper tantrum? While you're entitled to your opinion, it shouldn't be confused with fact. What you don't know about how the county and the unions operate in Nassau would fill a book. You really ought to get out more!!!
How would I ever get any attention from you if I didn't?

Tell me, do you look on CD every single day to see if anything is written about the police or do you do it on alternate days?

Old 04-12-2013, 02:29 PM

939 posts, read 1,845,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
How would I ever get any attention from you if I didn't?

Tell me, do you look on CD every single day to see if anything is written about the police or do you do it on alternate days?

Actually, when you've been on this board as long as I have you come to recognize the endless stream of nonsense that comes from a select few posters. While it can be mostly ignored, occasionally it gets so ridiculous or outrageous that something needs to be said. Sometimes the ill-informed must be told the truth -- whether you agree with it or not.

You really do have too much time on your hands.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcnret View Post
Actually, when you've been on this board as long as I have you come to recognize the endless stream of nonsense that comes from a select few posters. While it can be mostly ignored, occasionally it gets so ridiculous or outrageous that something needs to be said. Sometimes the ill-informed must be told the truth -- whether you agree with it or not.

You really do have too much time on your hands.
Yeah I made it all up. Several news sources have the exact same information. You know why? Because I control them all and they report exactly what I say.

It's all true. If it was some kind of silly lie made up by Newsday why are State and Federal authorities after them? Why is a review board being appointed at a judge's order? Why are civil rights organizations after them? Why are lawsuits being won over what's happening there?

You have even more time on your hands than I do if you have the time to follow me so closely and try to undo the "damage" you think I'm doing.

Sorry, but the taxpayers of Nassau, the federal and state legal systems, and the media can all clearly see behind the big blue curtain when it comes to Nassau's jail ... no matter how much you wish we couldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island