Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 03:02 PM

295 posts, read 345,610 times

Advertisements

I saw the flex at the auto show last week. The word I would use is "interesting" . What about the Buick enclave? Has 3 usable rows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 03:14 PM

252 posts, read 419,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NassauGuy12 View Post
Since you mentioned Ford (i'm a shareholder- full disclosure) anyone see have opinions on ford flex?
We have an 09 Ford Flex and we are very happy with it. We have 2 kids and my 80 year old Mom and fit very well. As a matter of fact I had 6 full sized adults in my Flex on Sunday with no problems. 3rd row seats are full sized.

Holds 2 car seats, a stroller and wheelchair with no problem. Would recommend it.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:46 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,554,464 times
Quote:
I saw the flex at the auto show last week. The word I would use is "interesting" . What about the Buick enclave? Has 3 usable rows.
Yea, the chevy traverse does too - we rode in a friend's and the third row was actaully usable, like in the enclave I'm sure. You'd want the captain's chairs second row for maximum access tho.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:46 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,970,654 times
Forester

Old 04-11-2013, 03:51 PM

295 posts, read 345,610 times
I prefer the bench seats for both the second and third rows. How about the Acadia?

Old 04-11-2013, 03:53 PM

85 posts, read 125,610 times
Avoid GM like the plague. The Acadia is nice, but GM cuts corners on their parts nowadays despite still charging top dollar for their vehicles. They also have this fancy gimmick they use to get out of recalls...the "technical service bulletin" which is basically the manufacturere saying "we're aware that this part will inevitably fail BUT we will only change it if/when it fails if the car is still under warranty and the original owner still owns it". I had an Outlook (same as an Acadia); they had a TSB where the harness for the headlamp would overheat and fail. This was inevitable. No recall. Only a TSB. The brilliant designers at GM made it so you had to remove the front bumper to change the bulb...no kidding. If you blow a lightbulb it's a $600 repair. Unless you're covered by the TSB..so one harness cooked & the bulb blew. Had to bring it in to the dealer. You think they'd change both while they're in there right? Nope. They recently gave in and agreed to fix it on all affected cars...mine's already traded in. This is the kind of nonsense you deal with with GM. Shoddy parts, roof leaks, TSBs...I was close to qualifying for a lemon law return since I was at the dealer so much with this POS. Many other people I know that have GM cars have similar issues with electronics. I swore them off.

Saw the Flex a couple of years ago. For such a big car, it has no front leg room. I passed. It must be fun to parallel park that beast huh?

Best bang for your buck? Mileage, room, ride, price, reliability....Kia Sorento.

Last edited by Family Guy Guy; 04-11-2013 at 04:10 PM..

Old 04-11-2013, 04:03 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Quote:
Thanks only negative thing about the Toyota and the Honda are that they're Japanese. I've contimplated the Durango.
I bought a new Durango in 1999 and I loved it. One of the features I liked about the Durango is the third row seats fold down flat when you don't need them. Seeing as I have a lot of stuff in and out, as well as dogs, that was a great feature. I didn't realize how good it as until I bought my Tahoe. Those ^%$*^% third row seats need to be taken out as they don't lie flush.

It did a great job towing our camper.

The only complaint (if you could call it that) was the 99 had the smaller engine. It moved along well, but I felt didn't have the umph to get up and go.

The new Durango has some nice lines -- good looking SUV.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:18 PM

481 posts, read 1,060,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Forester
I love my Forester. Best car I ever bought.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:21 PM

327 posts, read 1,063,313 times
If Japanese trucks are out id get a Jeep Wrangler.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:40 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,970,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corky101 View Post
I love my Forester. Best car I ever bought.
I'm a little upset that mine is losing some oil, but it is still "within specifications" (1qt/1200miles, I am losing about 1qt/2000 miles). None of my other cars have ever done this, but it is a minor inconvenience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island