U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-07-2008, 01:28 PM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,162 posts, read 13,397,159 times
Reputation: 2492

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFG View Post
Colisseo in Port jeff sta was a long time favorite of mine but I haven't been there in years.
Juilano's in Ridge has OLD SCHOOL plain straight up LI pizza that is awesome.
Bravo pizza in Massapequa is another old school pizza place.

When I think of the best pizza I'm not talking about fancy slices with pineapples & crap like that-those kinds of pizza can be good but IMO its almost a different food.


Colisseo is probably still the best around but they still don't accept debit or credit cards. When I go there--- 2 large pies with MEATBALL--- the BEST!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-08-2008, 05:34 PM
 
Location: Surprise AZ
3 posts, read 8,506 times
Reputation: 12
Little Vincents in Ronkonkoma and the old fashioned pizza at Satellite in Bayport
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2008, 05:46 PM
 
Location: Central TX
2,317 posts, read 3,273,907 times
Reputation: 2745
I have no insight as far as Nassau goes, but in Suffolk I go to Mama Lombardis straight from the airport when I visit. Sicilian only, the Neopolitan pie is just average.

Other favs are Little Vinnies, Aegean and Pizza Stop in Farmingville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2008, 10:28 AM
 
1,359 posts, read 5,173,168 times
Reputation: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I thought you grew up in Nassau. We don't hike, we schlep to Nassau!
By the time you schlep all the way there, you need a flagel to nosh, some water to spritz yourself and a schmata to wipe off. Oy vey...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2008, 09:42 PM
 
Location: Pixley
3,521 posts, read 2,329,052 times
Reputation: 1861
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
It has been over 10 years.

I don't recall what the pizzeria in the former A&P shopping center was called, but lat time I was there (over 25 years ago) it wasn't Brooklyn Boys. I just remember going in there in HS with some friends one afternoon. We put some change into the jukebox and for some bizarre reason, the song, Renegade (by Styx), kept playing over and over and over. If I hear that song I still think of that day in the pizzeria.

My old boyfriend worked for a pizzeria in East Meadow, Pietro's, and the owner there used to put sesame seeds on the crust (by request) It was delicious. I've tried to get that out here, but no one does it
I think that same guy owned Pietro's in Seaford on Washington Ave., but they left that area. They put the seeds on the crust as well. Very good.

Woodbury Pizza was very good as well. Everything is always fresh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2008, 09:54 PM
 
Location: Inis Fada
16,903 posts, read 29,818,230 times
Reputation: 7498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
I think that same guy owned Pietro's in Seaford on Washington Ave., but they left that area. They put the seeds on the crust as well. Very good.

Woodbury Pizza was very good as well. Everything is always fresh.
I dated a boy who worked in Pietro's in East Meadow. We started dating before the owner opened up the shop on Washington Ave. I believe they opened that shop up in late 82 or early 83 as I had broken up with the boy by Aug of 83 and the shop was already open by then.

He's the one responsible for getting me hooked on sesame seed crust
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-10-2008, 09:58 PM
 
Location: Pixley
3,521 posts, read 2,329,052 times
Reputation: 1861
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I dated a boy who worked in Pietro's in East Meadow. We started dating before the owner opened up the shop on Washington Ave. I believe they opened that shop up in late 82 or early 83 as I had broken up with the boy by Aug of 83 and the shop was already open by then.

He's the one responsible for getting me hooked on sesame seed crust
The time frame is about right as I had a friend who delivered for Pietro's in Seaford for awhile. He also delivered for Mike's Firehouse Pizza on Merrick Road in Seaford as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2008, 05:27 AM
 
347 posts, read 1,208,285 times
Reputation: 98
Based on some of the comments here, I tried out Little Vincent's in Lake Ronkonkoma. I thought they made a very good pie - nothing amazing, but still very good. Their menu is very limited though - they do not have any rolls though, i.e. sausage roll, chicken roll, etc. and they have no seafood. The menu is very small. Sometimes when I am picking up things for a family get-together, having a variety of things to choose from is nice. I actually like Gino's, just a little further east on Portion Road in Lake Ronkonkoma. Good pizza, nice variety, good seafood, and they are always pretty crowded. It is surprising that I have not seen anything about Ginos on this thread. I have also liked Albert's in Lake Ronkonkoma, but they can be hit or miss sometimes. Sole Mio in Stony Brook (right next to the movie theater) is also very good and always packed - they have a great variety of special slices, i.e. buffalo chicken, grandpa slice, many different roles, etc. And I have to throw in a plug for Dalisa's in Deer Park near where I grew up - their pizza is awesome! Finally, believe it or not, Mama Sbarro's in North Babylon makes an awesome grandma's pie, espeically if you eat it there - give it a try, you won't regret it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2008, 06:06 AM
 
Location: Wellsville, Glurt County
2,845 posts, read 9,334,585 times
Reputation: 1382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
The time frame is about right as I had a friend who delivered for Pietro's in Seaford for awhile. He also delivered for Mike's Firehouse Pizza on Merrick Road in Seaford as well.
I worked at the pizza place across from the 7th precinct when I was in high school. Their pizza was horrible and the owner was a jerk, they went out of business a long time ago.

The best pizza in Seaford used to be Tarrello's but I haven't eaten there in almost ten years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2008, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Inis Fada
16,903 posts, read 29,818,230 times
Reputation: 7498
Quote:
Originally Posted by villager-li View Post
Based on some of the comments here, I tried out Little Vincent's in Lake Ronkonkoma. I thought they made a very good pie - nothing amazing, but still very good. Their menu is very limited though - they do not have any rolls though, i.e. sausage roll, chicken roll, etc. and they have no seafood. The menu is very small. Sometimes when I am picking up things for a family get-together, having a variety of things to choose from is nice. I actually like Gino's, just a little further east on Portion Road in Lake Ronkonkoma. Good pizza, nice variety, good seafood, and they are always pretty crowded. It is surprising that I have not seen anything about Ginos on this thread. I have also liked Albert's in Lake Ronkonkoma, but they can be hit or miss sometimes. Sole Mio in Stony Brook (right next to the movie theater) is also very good and always packed - they have a great variety of special slices, i.e. buffalo chicken, grandpa slice, many different roles, etc. And I have to throw in a plug for Dalisa's in Deer Park near where I grew up - their pizza is awesome! Finally, believe it or not, Mama Sbarro's in North Babylon makes an awesome grandma's pie, espeically if you eat it there - give it a try, you won't regret it.

I've never gone to Sole Mio, now that I know they have Buffalo chicken pizza I have to give it a try. There was a Mama Sbarro's on 25A in Setauket and they had awesome pies -- I don't know whether there was a connection between them and the one in NBAB -- unfortunately they sold the Setauket location and the next guys in, Five Brothers, took a good business and good pizza and ran it into the ground
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top