U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:44 AM

147 posts, read 392,408 times

Advertisements

Prince Umberto in Franklin Square gets my vote. I think they came up tops on the AOL Cityguide list too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 12:46 PM

67 posts, read 169,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
It has been over 10 years.

I don't recall what the pizzeria in the former A&P shopping center was called, but lat time I was there (over 25 years ago) it wasn't Brooklyn Boys. I just remember going in there in HS with some friends one afternoon. We put some change into the jukebox and for some bizarre reason, the song, Renegade (by Styx), kept playing over and over and over. If I hear that song I still think of that day in the pizzeria.

My old boyfriend worked for a pizzeria in East Meadow, Pietro's, and the owner there used to put sesame seeds on the crust (by request) It was delicious. I've tried to get that out here, but no one does it
I forgot the name of that place b A&P but I ate there 25 years ago. It changed owners quite a few times between 1973-1988(when I ate there) Never bad but never as good as Phils.. Yeah I've been to Phils since they moved up the shopping center and expanded. Was just as good to me!

Old 02-28-2008, 01:23 PM

4,250 posts, read 307,399 times
How about Delfiores in Patchogue. Its tiny, but great pizza

dorothy

Old 02-28-2008, 04:41 PM

105 posts, read 242,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaitsme View Post
wow I hate Colisseos. I never "got" it. My friend raves about it and since she moved all I heaa about is how she misses there and Mama Lombardis. Both a negative in my book.
I am so with you on this. I hate hate hate Colisseio's and Mama Lombardi's. Two different reasons though. Colisseo's I just hate the taste they have good salad's though and Mama Lombardi's the service is so BAD BAD BAD and the food is so inconsistent that we will NEVER go back Nothing like biting into their renowed meatball hero and it being raw in the middle and being told that that is normal OMG I almost lost the cookies right there

... AND is your friend named Missy? If so OMG she never shuts up about it and makes it a point to schedule her visits here around those two restaurants.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:43 PM

105 posts, read 242,201 times
I also agree Aegean's in Sun Vet mall is awesome although they too are a little guilty with being inconsistent but never a bad pie just "ok" or GREAT.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:58 PM

861 posts, read 1,251,880 times
Paradise Pizza in Commack
Three Brothers (newbridge rd at levittown pkwy) in Hicksville

Old 03-01-2008, 09:27 AM

3 posts, read 9,224 times
Colisseo in PJ Station...order ahead, the lines are insane

Old 03-01-2008, 10:22 PM

150 posts, read 287,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncc1701 View Post
Prince Umberto in Franklin Square gets my vote. I think they came up tops on the AOL Cityguide list too.
I have had pizza from many of these places listed and they were good but I still feel NYC pizza places has consistantly provided the best pizza over all. I used to like Umberto in FS but the last two times I ordered a pie, it was well done to the point the bottom of the pie was black.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:26 AM

33 posts, read 183,483 times
Thumbs up There is something for every taste.

Pizza is a mainstay of my diet especially during lent.
For my money it's:
1. Grimaldi (Brooklyn under the bridge but the Garden city spot is better than most places)btw, no slices and nothing basically but Pizza
2. Phil's in Plaindege.
3.La Piazza in Plainview.
4. Dominico's in Farmingdale
5. Alberts (usually Alberts V.)
6. Alfredo's Westbury
with the exception of Grimaldi's these are in no particular order it depends on my mood and location when I get hungry.

As for three places that will always be favorites for me but are now defunct

The Gallery in Plainview (it is now La Piazza)
The Chicago Pizza Pub (formerly of Commack)
and My Pi.
RIP.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:15 AM

2,846 posts, read 6,284,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlaw1 View Post
3.La Piazza in Plainview.
I've actually never had their pizza, but I used to eat there all the time - great place! They opened one in Merrick a few years ago too, food is just as good and the restaurant itself is bigger and nicer. Marios in Plainview is also real good, and the restaurant that used to be next to it (Dominic's?) was fantastic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island