Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 03:16 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,759,766 times

Advertisements

Those people can be rude, and when they are it's an embarassment to Judaism. When you see someone wearing a yarmulke you don't expect rudeness from them. It's always a surprise, like in the movie Cannonball Run ll where two actresses dressed as nuns were in a diner. One spills hot coffee, and they both jump up and yell out the Lord's name in vain. And everyone's looking at them in shock.

All joking aside, I avoid shopping malls for this very reason. Crowds by their nature are very annoying. And if it's women running to a sale, watch out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 03:24 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
I don't know why people assume that observant Jews or any religious types are any nicer/meaner than any other person; they are simply people. ...

Old 05-27-2013, 04:31 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I went to the Roosevelt Field Mall ONCE in my life. Never again. It was midday on a weekday. I can't tell you how RUDE the women there were. I have no clue if they were Jewish or Catholic or Italian or Irish... all I can say is, they were RUDE. Trying to cut lines, push right into you and don't say 'excuse me', etc etc etc,.

I will never go to that mall again. Just a bunch of rude people who think they are entitled. Lowlives.
When you see a fight break out in a mall, 95% of the time this is what causes it. The other 5 % someone looked at another person the wrong way. I would rather be trampled by rabid donkeys with chainsaws attached to them then go to a mall after being in one for years in different boroughs and states.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:10 PM

11,635 posts, read 12,700,672 times
Hmmm, could this new poster be El Salvadoran's sister?

Old 05-28-2013, 07:21 AM

8,688 posts, read 11,076,893 times
Quote:
You're Jewish and you can't spell Yarmulke?????
i thought that was funny.

I've met many jewish people that are nice & polite.....as well as the very rude ones. Religion has little bearing of rude people....Yesterday I was on a line to pay for something...then an Arab woman cut me off online and acted like nothing was wrong. I would like to think not all Arab people are rude. A nice handful of long islanders that are rude and gives a bad rap to LI as a whole.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:46 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,881,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
i thought that was funny.

I've met many jewish people that are nice & polite.....as well as the very rude ones. Religion has little bearing of rude people....Yesterday I was on a line to pay for something...then an Arab woman cut me off online and acted like nothing was wrong. I would like to think not all Arab people are rude. A nice handful of long islanders that are rude and gives a bad rap to LI as a whole.
exactly... so many generalizations about LI when there are so many groups of people here and in the tristate as a whole.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:28 AM

322 posts, read 937,559 times
When it comes to shopping, people are rude no matter what their race, religion, age, or orientation. They walk in your path without so much as looking, bump into you without so much as an "excuse me", speed up to get in front of you and then move at a snail's pace (and these first three are even worse when they have a shopping cart), and assume their time is more important than anyone else, including the employees of the store.
Worst time to go shopping are holiday weekends. If you absolutely need to shop, go early, as in when they first open.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:56 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,726,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGuyandGal View Post
When it comes to shopping, people are rude no matter what their race, religion, age, or orientation. They walk in your path without so much as looking, bump into you without so much as an "excuse me", speed up to get in front of you and then move at a snail's pace (and these first three are even worse when they have a shopping cart), and assume their time is more important than anyone else, including the employees of the store.
Worst time to go shopping are holiday weekends. If you absolutely need to shop, go early, as in when they first open.

Definitely! You will never catch me in a mall or store on a holiday weekend or on "Black Friday". And, like you said, if there is something that is absolutely needed, I will go to the store at opening. (there are times I'm in the grocery store at 6am. It's funny but I get in/out very quickly and everything I'm looking for is there because the shelves are stocked overnight.)

Old 05-28-2013, 11:24 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Must be a transplant who doesn't understand NY culture.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:40 AM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,723,821 times
Quote:
Definitely! You will never catch me in a mall or store on a holiday weekend or on "Black Friday". And, like you said, if there is something that is absolutely needed, I will go to the store at opening. (there are times I'm in the grocery store at 6am. It's funny but I get in/out very quickly and everything I'm looking for is there because the shelves are stocked overnight.)
I like to go people watching at Roosevelt Field on Christmas Eve. My shopping is always done by then, so I just go to take in the crowds and get something from the food court. That's my little tradition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island