Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 09:59 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekochan999 View Post
If they left the jewish quotes out it wouldn't get me so angry. I want to know why Jews are being singled out.
I went to the website and looked at the cast. This one doesn't seem to have a Jewish last name: Amanda Bertoncini.

I never watched the show. I think all these shows are extreme and tend to make the characters look stupid or bad no matter what their religion or background is and there are shows for different types.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 09:59 AM

70 posts, read 180,944 times
they put jewish quotes in there b/c gasp...they are jewish. jersey shore had italian quotes...amish mafia had amish quotes...so OP get off your north shore horse and go to freeport...

Old 07-03-2013, 10:02 AM

909 posts, read 1,837,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I went to the website and looked at the cast. This one doesn't seem to have a Jewish last name: Amanda Bertoncini.

I never watched the show. I think all these shows are extreme and tend to make the characters look stupid or bad no matter what their religion or background is and there are shows for different types.
Is she the one from the SS? They must have tried to match up ethnicities that were most similar.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:09 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekochan999 View Post
this is a sample letter you can use:

RE: The princesses of Long Island Show
I am boycotting your product until this travesty of a show on the Bravo channel, which you sponsor, is removed.
It is an anti-semitic, race baiting show. It demeans Jewish women who live on Long Island. The fact that these bimbos can go through Freeport, an area still suffering greatly from Sandy, and call it a ‘ghetto’… how can you even think this is appropriate to give these women any air time whatsoever? There are people here on long island still suffering because they have no money or insurance to rebuild after Sandy.

Then, to make matters worse, they desecrate the memory of one of our finest, who lost his life on 9-11. Many of the firefighters and policeman that lost their lives on that day came from Long Island. The wounds are still fresh for many of us.

You have taken the worst stereotype of a spoiled jewish white girl and given it air time. How many people are going to think that this is how jews live and think and disrespect others?

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Sincerely,

Your respectful tone really comes through in this sample letter you provide...

Old 07-03-2013, 10:13 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Why so up in arms? Too much of the show reminds me of the girls in high school; perhaps that is the problem too many don't wan't to admit how close to the truth it hits... oy-vey...

Old 07-03-2013, 10:15 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Why so up in arms? Too much of the show reminds me of the girls in high school; perhaps that is the problem too many don't wan't to admit how close to the truth it hits... oy-vey...
That is another reason I don't want to watch it. LOL!

Old 07-03-2013, 11:44 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
The thing with reality TV is that is really isnt real at all. Maybe it isnt "scripted" per se but the editors can edit it in a way to make people come off as a certain way. Maybe these girls really are like this in real life, maybe they aren't and are just acting. Who really knows for sure? Bottom line is if u dont like it, dont watch it.

And people who stereotype people of a certain area or race or religion based on something they saw on TV are just being closed-minded and naive. Is everyone on LI this way? No. Are some? Of course. Not unlike every other location in the world.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:00 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,728,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post

"Jewish" is a RELIGION.... just because someone has an Italian last name doesn't mean they're Catholic or that they aren't Jewish.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:01 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,728,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
It started way before that with Real World.

I'm watching until Amanda realizes her boyfriend isn't interested in women and Chanel gets a nose job.

It started way before "Real World" with "An American Family" back in the 1970s. After that, it was all those reality Court shows.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:01 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,746,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
"Jewish" is a RELIGION.... just because someone has an Italian last name doesn't mean they're Catholic or that they aren't Jewish.
Good point on the last name. But if "Jewish is a religion", that means secular Jews can't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: