Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2013, 10:42 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,758,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
I can't believe you went there......'prop of my image' by using my partners that were killed in the line of duty This is real man..... I was at 9-11 before the first tower went down... I was in the building, helping people get out.... I talked my friend from my Academy class 20 minutes before he lost his life.

I saw people shot and wounded in the desert defending our country!

I lost another partner that fell off a building and a third in a shootout. You have the audacity to question me? and what I have been through! Shame on you and what you posted

This isn't a game....have some respect!
Respect for them and their sacrifice? Of course.

Respect for our very own Forrest Gump? Eh...

Last edited by nancy thereader; 08-20-2013 at 02:24 AM..

Old 08-19-2013, 10:49 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,758,868 times
Quote:
Is that sarcasm? I hate immature and childish posts
Including your own? After all, you yourself have admitted to posting here solely to bait others. How convenient to be able to criticize people for the same behavior you freely admit to!

Old 08-19-2013, 11:25 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,745,437 times
Wow, this thread took a turn. All I can say is...

Kenny Rogers - The Gambler-HQ - YouTube

Old 08-19-2013, 12:00 PM

289 posts, read 399,703 times
Quote:
Is that sarcasm? I hate immature and childish posts but any officer that was active can write a book.. Been many of them over the years...

When Rudy let us off the leash, things got done.. NYC is a way safer and better place for the work we did in the early 90's whether you agree or not.

Sent from my iPhone 5
using Tapatalk 2
Ease up it was a joke. Put a 28 in and take a day off from C/D

Old 08-19-2013, 12:20 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlook View Post
Ease up it was a joke. Put a 28 in and take a day off from C/D
As if ...

Old 08-19-2013, 12:33 PM

68 posts, read 199,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytos View Post
Answer: Buyers' remorse. I bought on LI two years ago, so I don't like to hear stories about people relocating and greener grass elsewhere. Even if the stories have merit. You know, cognitive dissonance and all that.
Truth is, the stories about people relocating and greener grass elsewhere often go along with plenty of parting shots at the place many of us choose to keep living in, so I don't like it either.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtoLongIsland View Post
I agree totally. It amazes me how people on some of these threads can get into arguments about which is "the" place to live. My favorite neighbors in Mt. Pleasant, SC, are a couple who retired and moved from LI. Two of their three children (and their families) also relocated to my neighborhood. However, at the same time they are some of the biggest supporters of my moving to L.I. from S.C. and plan to visit me in August when they come to visit their son and his family. When I had doubts because I have spent 18 years of my adult life in the south, they were very positive. They also call each week to see how things are going, but I haven't even made it there yet (but I learned this week that I am closing on my L.I. house next week!). ;-)

I don't get the animosity. I was chewed up on this forum, referred to as creating a fake internet identity (it does make me laugh), and everything else.

I am thrilled people are happy in the South. Heck, I was very happy. I am thrilled some people are very happy on L.I., and I really hope I am equally happy there. Time will tell. Do we have to argue about which is best?
Welcome to hell (j/k).

Old 08-19-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtoLongIsland View Post
Mongoose65 and bigjretrac you two crack me up...

OK .. not to start an argument, but I survived on pizza during my five day whirlwind L.I. trip to buy a house. It was AMAZING. (not all places.. heck I hit a cruddy pizza place too) On another note, my neighbors who left L.I. said L.I. has the best food... They went on and on about how when they go there they fill up on the food.. not sure what exactly they eat that is so great (except maybe pizza) , but I will ask the next time they call.
I'd recommend Fred's Restaurant in Elwood, but that closed a few years back. Sorry you missed out on that. Lots of good Italian Restaurants and Diners though.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:00 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,144,053 times
Quote:
Lets ask CSK or VA Yankee, twingles and others if they're hated and the people thye live near or deal with hate NY'ers.
To be honest years back there was a Yankee go home attitude that I was on the receiving end of, but that's long gone. For many of my Richmond co-workers I was the first New Yorker that they liked (respect, interest in the area's history and manners went a long way). These days there are just so many carpet baggers that it's hard to find a native son around here.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:05 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Feel like a jackass yet?
Do you? You're the one who is his big pal and supportive neighbor til death do you part in the Capitol of the Confederacy, almighty Richmond.

PS: TY for admitting you are an insider on his trolling routine and I'm a jackazz because I didn't know he was a troll. Any of the other southerners who annoy the LI CD board also in on his trolling?

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 08-19-2013 at 07:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island