Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 08:49 AM

414 posts, read 808,798 times

Advertisements

So never any update on this story eh? Funny how it just went totally silent. Still think there is more to this that the public was ever told.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 09:07 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,760,956 times
Just ran a quick search and this is the most recent article that came up:

Mayer Family Wishes for a Christmas Miracle - Police & Fire - Commack, NY Patch

Some really interesting info in there. Apparently he made it home after work that day and then disappeared. If that was previously reported I must have missed it.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:19 AM

Hmm never saw that info before that he went home first. I'd still love to hear why the police believe no foul play was involved. There is infor there not being shared. What about results of the test on the car.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:40 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times
^ I didn't realize that new info about him returning home first was out there. Although I'm still part of that FB group and hope they get a happy ending, it's a sign leading to it being a voluntary disappearance. I mean money was even left behind. Closure is more important at this point.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:36 PM

429 posts, read 853,295 times
I can't believe he just disappeared after the surveillance camera picked up his car pulling into his own driveway. It's so sad. I wonder if someone followed him from the scrap metal place for whatever money he got and made him drive home to drop off his stuff so it would LOOK like he just voluntarily walked away?

I just can't imagine someone disappearing and leaving their whole life - wife and kids - behind like that. How awful.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:43 PM

2,045 posts, read 1,890,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csteen85 View Post
I can't believe he just disappeared after the surveillance camera picked up his car pulling into his own driveway. It's so sad. I wonder if someone followed him from the scrap metal place for whatever money he got and made him drive home to drop off his stuff so it would LOOK like he just voluntarily walked away?

I just can't imagine someone disappearing and leaving their whole life - wife and kids - behind like that. How awful.
Lol. He's probably on a beach in the Caribbean with an 18 yr old.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:58 PM

530 posts, read 1,360,006 times
He probably had money issues and left to escape debts.

lol, if your an Electrician living in Dix Hills then your probably in some serious debt

Old 01-25-2014, 09:10 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,225,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigiousReputability View Post
He probably had money issues and left to escape debts.

lol, if your an Electrician living in Dix Hills then your probably in some serious debt
Dix Hills isn't exactly Lattingtown, and I know a few electricians who do quite well for themselves.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:40 AM

This case still has me smelling something fishy, and then bam, a search turns this up! Drugs, fraud, what a picture perfect family lol! KNEW there was more to this!

From WPIX

LONG ISLAND (PIX11) - The mother and sister of missing, Long Island electrician Robert Mayer contacted PIX 11 News, soon after his wife, Ida, tearfully pleaded for information about his whereabouts.

“I truly believe she loved my son,” Geri Mayer told PIX 11 from her Suffolk County living room, “but there’s a big piece of the puzzle missing, and I think she holds that piece.”

46-year old Robert Mayer of Dix Hills vanished on June 14th, 2013, just after 2:30 in the afternoon. If he’s still alive, he turned 47 on February 17th, but there’s been no sign of him since that Friday in June. PIX 11 secured the photos of the last sighting of Robert Mayer. He was captured on surveillance camera receiving $300 for scrap metal he sold in West Babylon.

“There have been inconsistencies in her story, right from the start,” Geri Mayer said about her daughter-in-law.

Mayer’s sister, Christine Ellis, added, “In the beginning, she was saying the Russian mob was after him.”

Ida Mayer denied to PIX 11 that she’s changed her story about the events of Friday, June 14, 2013. She told PIX she arrived home on Leroy Street in Dix Hills with the couple’s children, shortly after 3 pm. Surveillance footage from a neighbor’s house showed Robert Mayer’s red Pontiac GTO had pulled into the driveway about 2:41 pm and pulled out about ten minutes later, before his family got home. But the footage didn’t show who was in the car. His Pontiac was found parked the next day at the Deer Park Long Island Railroad station.

Mayer’s mother–and other sources–revealed to PIX 11 that Robert Mayer, an electrician with the Local 3 union, was struggling with prescription drug use. His mother said in the late 1990′s, he had fallen from a roof at Elmhurst Hospital, “landed on a pipe, broke every one of his ribs, and he was put on pain medication.”

Mayer’s mother and sister, along with the sources, said he scrapped metal to pay for Oxycontin pills, which caused a problem at home.

Surveillance shows last sighting of missing LI dad EXCLUSIVE

Ida Mayer told PIX 11 Tuesday that she believed her husband was beating his prescription drug problem, but she acknowledged when she saw Mayer working on scrap metal in the garage, the night before his disappearance, “It made me wonder, it made me worry.”

The wife, who is the mother of Robert Mayer’s two children, told PIX 11 Mayer had some problems involving work, and she wondered if that was a factor in his disappearance. She also theorized he may have owed someone money.

Robert Mayer’s mother and sister said they wonder if a mortgage fraud case Ida was charged in, back in 2006, was somehow connected to his disappearance. The New York Attorney General’s office said Robert Mayer was a participant in one of the phony, mortgage deals.

“It was so long ago; it has nothing to do with this,” Ida Mayer said about the 2006 case. “Eight years ago. It was resolved.”

Ida Mayer told PIX 11 she didn’t think her husband had relapsed into prescription drug use again. “We had reached a place of peace and happiness,” she said. “He was on the right track.” But Mayer’s mother and sister don’t share that assessment of his recovery.

“I’m pretty sure he was using, and I don’t think he was thinking clearly,” Christine Ellis said of her brother. But

she said her brother was continuing to function at work and was a loving father to his children. Ellis also told PIX her brother’s shotgun was missing from the house.

Suffolk County police detectives from the 2nd Precinct continue to work on the case. They told PIX 11 there’s no sign of criminality. They have searched the woods near the Deer Park train station extensively.

Anyone with information on the case can call the 2nd Police Squad in Suffolk at (631) 854-8252.

Ida Mayer said this about her in-laws’ questions: “You want answers, ask me. I’ve answered questions since the first day.”

Read more: Mother and sister of missing electrician ask wife to tell what she knows | PIX 11

Old 03-25-2014, 10:49 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,760,956 times
I saw this report on the news. Obviously I don't know the woman at all, but something definitely seemed off about her. It would not shock me at all if it turns out she knew where he is or what happened to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island