Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 08:31 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjretrac View Post
No, getting upset about a non-LIer posting on a public forum makes you look pathetic. Even now, I barely post on the threads about schools, taxes, and civil service contracts (in fact, I don't think I ever have) I enjoy posting on the more light hearted topics on the forum. Shoot, I've even defended Long Island on multiple occasions when fellow LIers and overzealous expats got carried away bashing Long Island.

I got news for you buddy, I'll be posting here when I move-- get over it.
Thank you for posting that bigjretrac! Nobody objects to people posting when they move away as long as they are classy, not moron jackals just here for a put down or the see saw effect ("if I put down LI that automatically means wherever I moved, even if it is Hell On Earth, goes UP") or to justify their own shaky self-esteem and lack of confidence in their decision to move. Come here like a decent and respectful person and you will be welcomed.

This is what annoys me and the out of state jackals, including the author of this thread, definitely know it. MYOB in your own state. Sweep your side of the street. The problems of LI are no longer yours to bash. Go away and let us tend to them. We don't need you annoying us. And no, we still don't care how big your McMansion is, because at the end of the day we still don't want to live where you live if that's where we have to reside in order to get one like it. So go post how happy you are pooping in a different bathroom every day of the week on your new location's forum instead of bashing LI like a sick nasty obsessed jackal every single day of the rest of your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 09:01 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,141,532 times
I'm a Hall of Famer!!! Yay!!!! You're my new best friend. Thanks!

Old 07-31-2013, 09:07 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,952,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Thank you for posting that bigjretrac! Nobody objects to people posting when they move away as long as they are classy, not moron jackals just here for a put down or the see saw effect ("if I put down LI that automatically means wherever I moved, even if it is Hell On Earth, goes UP") or to justify their own shaky self-esteem and lack of confidence in their decision to move. Come here like a decent and respectful person and you will be welcomed.

This is what annoys me and the out of state jackals, including the author of this thread, definitely know it. MYOB in your own state. Sweep your side of the street. The problems of LI are no longer yours to bash. Go away and let us tend to them. We don't need you annoying us. And no, we still don't care how big your McMansion is, because at the end of the day we still don't want to live where you live if that's where we have to reside in order to get one like it. So go post how happy you are pooping in a different bathroom every day of the week on your new location's forum instead of bashing LI like a sick nasty obsessed jackal every single day of the rest of your life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
What are your thoughts as to why CDLI has significantly more complaining than other forums? I'm not talking about complaining about taxes, or LIPA, etc, but rather seemingly petty, meaningless stuff. This isn't a poke at any particular member. I'm genuinely curious. Enjoy the rest of your week...
Where is this poster bashing the Island? He posted his opinion I kind of agree with him but let me explain..... This is the most active board of all L.I. er's if not anything are opinionated ( they complaint, voice their opinions and are a very very vocal group! On here and otherwise) . Everything said about the Island you take personal...trust me there are problems everywhere. I'm a L.I.er through and through regardless where I live or where life takes me. It made me the person I am today...no denying this!

Chill....How do you watch the news or read the papers with all the negativity that is reported I guess it ok if you hear something from a local but if it comes from a mouth of a former L.I.er then you get so worked up. You say stuff like it bothers, annoys US...who is US? why not be more specific and admit it annoys you! Most people are simply pointing out the differences good or bad and their experiences of living elsewhere. Obviously this is taking a toll on you. 3/4 of the time it's not bashing but through your basis eyes you always gravitate to the negative side of the post even when that's not the OP's intent. No need to act like a 10yo on here and try to keep it civil and mature. Thanks Love!

Old 07-31-2013, 10:11 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,243,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Where is this poster bashing the Island? He posted his opinion I kind of agree with him but let me explain..... This is the most active board of all L.I. er's if not anything are opinionated ( they complaint, voice their opinions and are a very very vocal group! On here and otherwise) . Everything said about the Island you take personal...trust me there are problems everywhere. I'm a L.I.er through and through regardless where I live or where life takes me. It made me the person I am today...no denying this!

Chill....How do you watch the news or read the papers with all the negativity that is reported I guess it ok if you hear something from a local but if it comes from a mouth of a former L.I.er then you get so worked up. You say stuff like it bothers, annoys US...who is US? why not be more specific and admit it annoys you! Most people are simply pointing out the differences good or bad and their experiences of living elsewhere. Obviously this is taking a toll on you. 3/4 of the time it's not bashing but through your basis eyes you always gravitate to the negative side of the post even when that's not the OP's intent. No need to act like a 10yo on here and try to keep it civil and mature. Thanks Love!
Nah, people probably get annoyed by a doosh like you.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:30 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,723,240 times
Oh my word! This thread is getting juicy! I want to go to sleep, but I know half these posts won't be here in the morning when Nancy comes to close the thread

Old 07-31-2013, 10:30 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlook View Post
You forgot "is someone allowed to park in the street I/F-O of my house"
Add to that: "Is someone allowed to park backwards on the street in front of my house?"

Old 07-31-2013, 10:32 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
Because there's a lot of us and a lot of stimuli around us, and posting about sunshine and daisies is not as engaging. No, really.
What about Sunshine and Lollipops instead?

Sunshine lollipops and rainbows - YouTube

Old 07-31-2013, 10:50 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,952,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Nah, people probably get annoyed by a doosh like you.
See i don't take this personal some might like I said keep it mature and civil

P.S. this response was actually a step above what usually comes from Jet... Maybe your in a continuing education class?

Old 07-31-2013, 11:05 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,763,651 times
What a priceless thread. It's so nice to see the CD-Long Island Forum clique is on duty, squelching any thread they don't agree with or know more about.

The OP is so right about the LI forum. Petty complaining and sniping... I think it's indicative of the people who live on LI, some of the most opinionated and obnoxious people I've ever met. The tension on this forum is so much higher than almost any other forum on citydata. Sort of like living on LI... you expend lot's of energy just coping with the poor quality of life.

The clique, and I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about (you certainly spent much time trying to refute my posts), gets offended by any complaint or disrespect towards Long Island and people from LI. From the 'housing prices are rising because LI is still in a real estate bubble' to the 'well you don't live here anymore why bother trolling the LI threads', the clique uses disinformation and propaganda to refute the negatives to living on LI.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:08 PM

1,082 posts, read 2,763,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post

What you really mean to say is out of state posters are fine, just as long as they post something you agree with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island