Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 08:28 AM

21 posts, read 25,286 times

Advertisements

I am a parent of an 8 year old and a 4 year old. My 8 year old has been in public schools for the last 3 years and we will continue to send her to public. When your child is 3 or 4 you need to PAY to send them to a pre-school. When my daughter was pre-school aged we had an OK experience with her pre-school/pre-k. We moved to a new town before she entered kindergarten. A town close to Ivy League, but at the time, we didn't have much information so we never even considered going private. My son however, totally benefits to smaller class sizes (something I forgot to mention initially)This IS my first time on a forum, you got me there. I thought I would share my good feelings and experiences about the school my son attends only to spread the love to those who are unaware of it. The school has been in business since the 1960's. Please do not think negatively about the school because I chose to share my thoughts on a public forum. I now know how NOT to post information. It was never my intention to have it come off as an advertisement. Looking over it again, I can see how it would appear to look that way and I apologize. However, as disgusted you may look at me for thinking I was advertising, I am disgusted over the nasty comments received. A simple, Hey, your posting sounds like an advertisement, you may wish to have it taken down and re-word it, would have done. Why do you have to be so cruel?

Old 08-02-2013, 08:47 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,134 times
Now to redeem yourself please post the best pizza place in your area.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:50 AM

By the way....I looked around to see if there were any other businesses with Ivy League in their name. It so happens there's Ivy League Florist in Suffolk County. Would you rip them to shreds over their name? Would you not use Rite Aid because of how 'Rite' is spelled? Would you boycott Michael's or Wendy's because you know someone by that name and don't like them? Never judge a book by its cover.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:53 AM

So is there an Ivy League Pizza?

Old 08-02-2013, 08:56 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,057,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafknyper View Post
I am a parent of an 8 year old and a 4 year old. My 8 year old has been in public schools for the last 3 years and we will continue to send her to public. When your child is 3 or 4 you need to PAY to send them to a pre-school. When my daughter was pre-school aged we had an OK experience with her pre-school/pre-k. We moved to a new town before she entered kindergarten. A town close to Ivy League, but at the time, we didn't have much information so we never even considered going private. My son however, totally benefits to smaller class sizes (something I forgot to mention initially)This IS my first time on a forum, you got me there. I thought I would share my good feelings and experiences about the school my son attends only to spread the love to those who are unaware of it. The school has been in business since the 1960's. Please do not think negatively about the school because I chose to share my thoughts on a public forum. I now know how NOT to post information. It was never my intention to have it come off as an advertisement. Looking over it again, I can see how it would appear to look that way and I apologize. However, as disgusted you may look at me for thinking I was advertising, I am disgusted over the nasty comments received. A simple, Hey, your posting sounds like an advertisement, you may wish to have it taken down and re-word it, would have done. Why do you have to be so cruel?
Perhaps you should go to the school and learn how to write paragraphs.

I really don't believe you, sorry. It still looks like blatant advertising to me.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:57 AM

Just looked...there's an Ivy League Preschool in NJ (no relation). Want to have a go at them over their name?

Old 08-02-2013, 08:57 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,057,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
So is there an Ivy League Pizza?
Right next to Ivy League Oil Changes and down the road from Ivy League Dog Groomers.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:00 AM

I am well educated (Masters + post grad degree). Shall I post my thesis for your 'paragraph writing' approval?

Old 08-02-2013, 09:06 AM

Applying for a new business name now. Having trouble deciding. Going with Ivy League 30to66at55 or Ivy League MrBitterness. Specializing in manure.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:09 AM

People always get defensive when they have been caught.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island