Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 02:09 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,943,866 times

Advertisements

This scenario could happen if a zombie apocalypse occurred, which means it will never happen, but just hear me out.

Long Island is separated by water from the rest of the country. So the rest of the country would be devastated and roaming with zombies while Long Island would be free and clear. The small size and large population means the denizens would be fighting each other for control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 02:10 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
I am not sure ...

Does anyone know what shore the crybabies live on that cry when they get caught lying and are outed for it and instead of manning up to their lies they have their mommies come to their rescue and clean up and erase their messes and cover it up for them? That side would lose.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:31 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Civil War of Long Island lmao this thread is funny.

My vote is for the South Shore. I'll send Inwood into the fray.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-02-2013, 02:32 PM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
I'm thinking north shore...mercedes and bmw's...wall street journal and breakfast at sweet mamma's...south shore... Hot rod Nova's...monte carlo's...shot guns and breakfast at Tj's hero's....... south shore wins...unless north shore settles in court,
Hahaha North Shore would win in court...good one there

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 08-02-2013, 02:58 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
Didn't you grow up in Garden City? Isn't that considered south shore?
What about mid shore towns like Mineola, Melville, Farmingdale, Westbury? Where would they fall? Maybe they will play the referee role?
I grew up in Huntington and have never heard of GC referred to as south shore. I think you need to consult a map....especially if u think Mjneola is mid Island but not GC

Old 08-02-2013, 03:09 PM

16 posts, read 52,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unctorious View Post
Boats of course, boats upon boats of mercenaries landing in the various necks of northern Long Island, if they capture and hang a south-shorian he or she can utter "My only regret is that I have but one life to lose for the south shore of Long Island"

I think somewhere this thread took a turn from a brawl between residents into an all out war
LMAO, that wouldnt work. All the regions within boating distance of the North Shore are even softer.

Where north of the North Shore will u get Mercenaries?

Martha's Vineyard? Old Money Connecticut? Cambridge? Nantucket?

..Maybe if Plum Island really has a group of blood-thirty zombies then that may SLIGHTLY increase their chances..

To be fair: The only advantage the North Shore has is they can shut off the Shoreham Nuclear Plant BUT when you think about it, all the electricians/blue collar live on the south shore so good luck with that. lol, i can see it now, North Shore resieents trying to stick their AMEX Black cards in the air vents trying to shut it down and then getting eletricuted to death!!!

Old 08-02-2013, 03:12 PM

16 posts, read 52,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I am not sure ...

Does anyone know what shore the crybabies live on that cry when they get caught lying and are outed for it and instead of manning up to their lies they have their mommies come to their rescue and clean up and erase their messes and cover it up for them? That side would lose.
Whoning is one huge disadvantage both shores share, so its an equal disadvantage, lol

Old 08-02-2013, 04:47 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,057,627 times
I'd like to build a house right on the median of the LIE so I'm not a part of either shore. Then I could yell at everyone to get off my driveway.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:48 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,057,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney5000 View Post
Whoning is one huge disadvantage both shores share, so its an equal disadvantage, lol
Did you mean to write whining or whoring?

Old 08-02-2013, 06:06 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,144,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney5000 View Post
LMAO, that wouldnt work. All the regions within boating distance of the North Shore are even softer.

Where north of the North Shore will u get Mercenaries?

Martha's Vineyard? Old Money Connecticut? Cambridge? Nantucket?

..Maybe if Plum Island really has a group of blood-thirty zombies then that may SLIGHTLY increase their chances..

To be fair: The only advantage the North Shore has is they can shut off the Shoreham Nuclear Plant BUT when you think about it, all the electricians/blue collar live on the south shore so good luck with that. lol, i can see it now, North Shore resieents trying to stick their AMEX Black cards in the air vents trying to shut it down and then getting eletricuted to death!!!

Picture of North Shore Mercs hitting the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island