Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 11:07 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times

Advertisements

If you have one for your town, patch is good for your town-specific news... like why did that store close or what happened with that fender-bender, or even what's going on with your schools. I use my mom's CV sub account to get onto news12, but that's only once in a blue moon. Who needs them anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 12:32 PM

1,101 posts, read 2,735,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigiousReputability View Post
You now have to pay/have a subscription to watch videos or read full articles on newsday.com or news12. What the heck?

Why do Long Islanders accept this BS?

Thank goodness I use 'the patch' for news since they cover local crap much better anyways..

This place is sinking so quick it's a shame.
Gee, do you think it's BS that you can't just go into the supermarket and take things off the shelves for free? Do you work for free? News costs a lot of money to produce and it has never been free. It's been paid for primarily by advertising and circulation. Both are declining because technology is dumbing us down as a society. Oh, and Patch will be out of business pretty soon. And, like others here, I feel sorry for you if your primary news source is the local Patch. That's a good example of the dumbing-down process at work.

You sound like one of those people who says, "I'll get my news from Yahoo! for free" or one of the other posters who gets it free from "the internet." The stuff on the web comes from legitimate news organizations which have to pay big bucks to field staffs of reporters. A lot of the so-called "web" publishers and "journalists" think they can just steal it without payment.

With more and more people taking this kind of anti-intellectual attitude, there could come a day when no more legitimate news organizations will exist. Then, the politicians and the business crooks can truly run wild (if they're not already doing it today) without anyone monitoring them. Those of you who like free news will get what you pay for. The problem is that you'll pay in other ways and it won't be pretty.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:53 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,760,956 times
timely.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:30 PM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,440 times
Guys, I hate troll posts.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:03 PM

1,609 posts, read 4,688,180 times
Newsday is owned by optimum its their way of forcing you to have their cable system neither is worth paying for
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: