Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 08:00 PM

706 posts, read 3,763,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrprofess View Post
Asians?!?! I am confused...they are the only ones allowed to purchase saws???
*laugh*

I was wondering about that "Asian" comment too.

BTW, I thought cutting trees was illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 09:15 AM

36 posts, read 146,695 times
Why not contact Brookhaven and ask Code Enforcement about possible VIOLATIONS OF CLEARING LIMITS with your neighborhood?? Ever watch Channel 18?? They seem to be getting on peoples cases a lot more..

Old 11-19-2007, 09:56 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,712,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony V View Post
Why not contact Brookhaven and ask Code Enforcement about possible VIOLATIONS OF CLEARING LIMITS with your neighborhood?? Ever watch Channel 18?? They seem to be getting on peoples cases a lot more..
You need a permit to clear 2 acres or more within the Town of Brookhaven, unless there are covenants upon the property.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:54 AM

240 posts, read 1,056,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony V View Post
Unfortunately, because it's an older neighborhood and b-2 zoned, there isn't any clearing limits on property.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:41 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,668,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheart View Post
Here we go again...that joe L trash is here again...please do everyone a fav. get off of this site if you cont. to talk that way! I don't see any problem with it as long as it's belong to "their property"...if it's on their property they can do anything they want. If others are having problem with it...plant some trees on their property.
I take issue with some of what Joe has to say, frequently.

But, have you taken some kind of public opinion poll that his departure would be a favor to "everyone"?

Old 11-19-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockypointny View Post
Unfortunately, because it's an older neighborhood and b-2 zoned, there isn't any clearing limits on property.

It was worth a shot....

Old 11-21-2007, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 6,340 times
Default Tree Cuters

Seems to be a fairly new thing these last several years. I've had a few discussions with people re: this. As far as i"m concerned if people like that barren treeless look go buy a house in Brooklyn or the Bronx.

One other item. I don't mean this as bigoted but I have noticed over the years that Italiens in general seem to be very much set against trees grass etc. In my neighborhood just about every piece of property that changed hands over the years if an Italien moved in, over time all trees. shrubs etc eventually are cut. All replaced by blacktop and stone. Whenever I see a property with no or tiny lawn all covered by blacktop out front and stone over the rest of the property I remark to my wife quess what their nationality is. Italien landscaping I don't know but it just seems that way, or is it just me?

Old 11-21-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCUNNS View Post
All replaced by blacktop and stone. Whenever I see a property with no or tiny lawn all covered by blacktop out front and stone over the rest of the property I remark to my wife quess what their nationality is. Italien landscaping I don't know but it just seems that way, or is it just me?
Have you noticed that the instruction manual comes in English, French and spanish...no Italian?? This could be the reason... Just joking...

Old 02-21-2010, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 5,935 times
This Mexican guy (no offense to Mexicans) bought the house across the street, rented it to illegals and cut down the equivalent of an entire forest for no reason. I thought he was done years ago, but yesterday he began cutting down a cluster of trees near the street. After the first one came down, he started on another one today. I finally went over there and asked him what he has against trees. He said it's his property. I said, I'd like to see a permit, or I should send someone who'd like to see a permit? He ignored me and in defiance began cutting down the next tree. It fell on his house! No joke. I will go to the town of Brookhaven to see if there is any recourse.

Old 02-21-2010, 03:00 PM

815 posts, read 2,052,093 times
Trees have their pros (pretty, nice shade in summer, windbreak in winter) and their cons (drop leaves and caterpillars in the pool, interfere with solar heating, might endanger house if not felled, obstruct view of the sky (for astronomers)). Your property=your trees. Do with them whatever you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island