Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 10:44 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,084,354 times

Advertisements

The argument that tickets from red light cameras are illegal reminds me of the folks who say the IRS has no authority to collect taxes. Believe what you will but suffer the consequences of your beliefs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 11:20 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,962,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
I'm here, not acting as an Attorney giving legal advise , but as a private citizen relating situations and remedies I and many friends have learned to use against these thieves, one was a former LA police man who had no idea how the system was screwing it's citizens.

With that SAID , Citizens first need to get educated in how their system ( laws) really work , then you will know what they really need to have in their possession to have the jurisdiction ( Authority) to take an action against you in the first place and it's not just that piece of paper ( ticket ) that the Cop gave you.

When you go in and "TRY" to appeal your case for a better deal you have in affect given them that Jurisdiction ( Authority) to hear your case, and in doing so you have screwed your self. they are there to make money not make the roads any safer. At that point as ( Illegal ) against you ,knowing that you can appeal his wrong ruling if you choose , but also knowing that the cost for you to do that is so high that most people ( victims ) will not file an action for that reason , so they win either way unless you learn to stop them right from the start and don't give them Jurisdiction to hear your case. They also have laws , rules they must follow, you just need to do the research for your area courts, More fun then spending time watching reality TV.
All for $50. You treat this like you're trying to get someone off of murder charges.

Pay the friggin fine and be done with it, and stop running red lights. The end.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:16 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
and stop running red lights
Hard for bad drivers to do.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:21 AM

32 posts, read 73,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
In the case of the city of Yucaipa , CA they posted it in their news paper article . But you can go on line your self . type , percentage companies paid to cities for red light tickets in ( your city/State ). Also look On Line at Redflex, Arizona camera company . They are the largest camera provider in the country, Even as far east as St Louis , MO . They are reported to be making millions from their installation contracts for their services.
Thanks. I found this article about red light cameras in Nassau County. It says of the $27.8 million collected by the county in 2011, $8.3 million went to the camera company. That's about 30%, so the county retains 70%. That's a lot better than 15-20%.

I was surprised that the money goes specifically to health and social service programs. I would have expected it go to infrastructure things like road work, etc.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:01 PM

414 posts, read 808,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biancaw View Post

I was surprised that the money goes specifically to health and social service programs. I would have expected it go to infrastructure things like road work, etc.
They might say that, but I don't believe it.

Old 01-15-2014, 04:18 PM

764 posts, read 1,553,703 times
I wouldn't fight a redlight camera fine. Its just an $50 fine. If you try to fight it they can make it an actual ticket and take points away + notify your insurance.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:42 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,962,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortom1981 View Post
I wouldn't fight a redlight camera fine. Its just an $50 fine. If you try to fight it they can make it an actual ticket and take points away + notify your insurance.
The OP doesn't want to listen to reason.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:46 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,807,739 times
they put up a red light camera by my house. havent gotten one ticket yet thanks 2 my tinted plate covers.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:50 AM

32 posts, read 73,535 times
Quote:
Did this happen to you or someone you know? I'm looking for personal experiences, thanks.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:30 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,949 times
Quote:

Sorry but that is wrong information , That cops can't make your using your constitutional rights ( innocent until proven guilty in a court of law )to defend your self in a infraction / misdemeanor action into a criminal action . That's why I keep encouraging people to learn what right your have before they take them all away from us . Also remember it's a private corporation that is trying to enforce road and highway laws, when only authorized law enforcement officials can legally do that, that's why it does not go on your DMV record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island