Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 03:30 PM

1,726 posts, read 4,036,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saymom View Post
Cops start at 80 grand in suffolk and have no college loans .they get mad overtime retire at 40 and get paid to go back to school to begin another career . Teaching requires huge loans and debt to get a master's degree and no longer a reliable profession. Plus teachers are despised by the public now a days.
Thank you for that wonderful tidbit of misinformation. Go back to your bar stool now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 03:44 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
Quote:
Cops start at 80 grand in suffolk and have no college loans .they get mad overtime retire at 40 and get paid to go back to school to begin another career . Teaching requires huge loans and debt to get a master's degree and no longer a reliable profession. Plus teachers are despised by the public now a days.
We are a Democracy, you choose your career, if you feel the investment is too high for the benifits don't select to become a teacher......

Old 02-15-2013, 03:46 PM

886 posts, read 2,646,880 times
This garbage again? I thought I was on the Newsday website for a second.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:23 PM

110 posts, read 225,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geo631 View Post
It's harder to be a cop. Only one in 40,0000 will actual make it to the big time. Any one can become a teach but a cop 9 out of 10 don't have what it takes. won't make it to the academy.
Please, give me a break...I've seem more fat, overweight, out of shape Nassau County Cops over the last yr..I highly doubt they have what it takes to "run down" a criminal when necessary..doesn't take a lot to pull a trigger..anyone can become a cop, not everyone can mold the mind of a future cop..

Old 02-16-2013, 04:27 PM

939 posts, read 1,844,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glags11 View Post
Please, give me a break...I've seem more fat, overweight, out of shape Nassau County Cops over the last yr..I highly doubt they have what it takes to "run down" a criminal when necessary..doesn't take a lot to pull a trigger..anyone can become a cop, not everyone can mold the mind of a future cop..
Spoken by someone who obviously has no clue what the job entails. Amazing how ignorance abounds in these forums!

Old 02-16-2013, 04:29 PM

939 posts, read 1,844,760 times
Quote:
The ignorance is astounding!

Old 02-16-2013, 05:30 PM

886 posts, read 2,646,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcnret View Post
The ignorance is astounding!
Never stoop down and argue with idiots as they will beat you with experience every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island