Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 06:36 AM

480 posts, read 665,820 times

Advertisements

After looking at homes on Zillow.com I have a big interest in potentially moving to the South Shore. Does anyone live and Wantagh and how is it crime rate wise and demographic wise? Any bad areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 06:45 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,071,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUEST View Post
After looking at homes on Zillow.com I have a big interest in potentially moving to the South Shore. Does anyone live and Wantagh and how is it crime rate wise and demographic wise? Any bad areas?
Seriously??!?!?!?! What happened to only posting in one thread? You're more than 2 years from moving (as you've stated in numerous of your previous threads), so there's no sense looking at homes on zillow as they won't still be available when you are ready to move.

You need to take the next couple of years and drive around to the towns on LI that interest you. Spend some time there. Look at the downtown areas. See what's around. Then make an informed decision.

You've now asked about roughly 8-10 towns in Suffolk County (and they represent a large swatch of socioeconomic areas). For you to be jumping around sooooo much in such a short amount of time, it's clear you're not sure what you want, and that's ok as you have time to decide.

But please, please, please, STOP creating all of these threads with the same questions over and over and over, just about different towns.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:56 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,044,946 times
Seriously, stop with these threads.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:59 AM

I didn't think it was illegal to ask questions. I have a right to post what I want and whenever I want. I'm not posting spam and if you don't like it sure tell me how you feel about it but I'm going to continue to post if I have questions. I appreciate the community on here and I respect everyone and I like to know more about the towns in the areas because I have no idea on them.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:02 AM

It's my first time looking for home so when I see places online that I think a potential locations to live in and I get curious and so I ask here on the board. Now tell me is there some sort of post limit? Or thread limit? Because if it's just an annoyance more so than a rule that I'm going to continue to ask because I have a curiosity of what it's like for certain people on this board to live in those areas. I was always brought up to ask questions and to find out into research things which is exactly what I'm doing. I'm looking at houses in certain areas and curious on what the locations are like and yes I know that homes will not be available in two years but I am looking to find out what our options as far as towns so that I can aim for jobs down the road in those areas or where I can commute.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
Seriously, stop with these threads.
I can definitely see why you have chosen your username LOL

Old 03-11-2014, 08:05 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,798,464 times
I'd suggest you concentrate on a job first since that will determine your location years from now.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:33 AM

791 posts, read 1,614,640 times
OP, I think the frustration is, if you just used the "search" function on the board here instead of posting a new thread, all of your (very basic, not at all original/unique) questions would be answered. You're posting so frequently/rapidly that your threads are taking up half the first page of posts - not only is that spam, it's annoying. Would you walk up to a group of people you've never met before and demand that 50% of their conversation for an entire week revolve around you? If you wouldn't do it in "real life," don't do it here.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:15 AM

Does anyone know anyone on this board in real life?

Old 03-11-2014, 09:17 AM

791 posts, read 1,614,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUEST View Post
Does anyone know anyone on this board in real life?
My point wasn't that anyone here does or doesn't know each other in real life - my point was that it's rude to monopolize the board's "conversation" by posting 100 times on closely-related subjects, the same way that it would be rude in real life to walk up to a bunch of people you don't know, who were already having a conversation, and demand that they make their conversation all about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island