Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 01:38 PM

196 posts, read 417,468 times

Advertisements

23 Havemeyer Ln, Commack, NY 11725 is For Sale - Zillow

Youre welcome. ;p I drive past this every day and watched it being built. One of the best school districts on LI, in your price range, plenty of property space. Downside is it is right alongside the Sunken Meadow Pkwy. Train ride will be more like 80 mins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 09:45 AM

3 posts, read 4,478 times
Northbellmore countrypointe development also that builder has new homes built different areas in li

Old 01-04-2015, 12:07 PM

89 posts, read 132,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava rsp View Post
Northbellmore countrypointe development also that builder has new homes built different areas in li
I was just about to suggest the new bellmore development.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:43 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,891,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mv_2014 View Post
I am looking for new construction homes (3 bed + 2 bath (2.5 preferred)). 3 parking required (1 inside). My budget is around 500k - 600K. I am looking for good school district. I prefer Single family home. It should be close to Penn station, 50 min - 1 hour by train is fine.

Any suggestions? I would prefer nassau county ny, but can consider suffolk county, but not far from NYC.
There's a big gorgeous new development that's well within your price range located on the Nassau-Suffolk border in North Amityville...but it's zoned for the Copiague School District which is unfortunately not so great. The money you save from buying in a less-prime school district could be put towards their private school tuition...just another option.

Link-
http://www.librandnewhomes.com/oaks_gallery.php

Last edited by MemoryMaker; 01-04-2015 at 01:00 PM..

Old 01-04-2015, 04:17 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,512,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
There's a big gorgeous new development that's well within your price range located on the Nassau-Suffolk border in North Amityville...but it's zoned for the Copiague School District which is unfortunately not so great. The money you save from buying in a less-prime school district could be put towards their private school tuition...just another option.

Link-
Paramount Oaks | Models
I wonder why thee builders are still building new homes in an outdated style?? a friend of mine bought a house in 2000 that looked like one of those. At least her house had a 2 car garage. It's amazing that anyone would buy new construction these days with a 1-car garage. How many families in the US have only 1 car nowadays?

Old 01-04-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
I wonder why thee builders are still building new homes in an outdated style?? a friend of mine bought a house in 2000 that looked like one of those. At least her house had a 2 car garage. It's amazing that anyone would buy new construction these days with a 1-car garage. How many families in the US have only 1 car nowadays?
this is the style of 3 new homes that just sold near my parents' house
Attached Thumbnails
Searching new construction home on LI-house.jpg  

Old 01-04-2015, 04:40 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,891,413 times
Quote:
Hmm, one thing I notice all throughout Long Island is that a decent amount of homes have converted garages into living space. So there is a portion of the population who don't care much for garage space.

Plus, since the development isn't in the most desirable town; there's only so much ppl are willing to spend...so it's not smart for the developers to get too crazy with the features or it will affect their profit margins

Last edited by MemoryMaker; 01-04-2015 at 05:33 PM..

Old 01-04-2015, 05:31 PM

251 posts, read 586,670 times
Quote:
many, many people dont have 2 car garages. New construction and old. Its relative to what they need or want, as well as property sizes and shape. Many factors dictate this.......

Out of those style, why are you calling any them outdated? Just curious.....

Old 01-04-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noupf View Post
many, many people dont have 2 car garages. New construction and old. Its relative to what they need or want, as well as property sizes and shape. Many factors dictate this.......

Out of those style, why are you calling any them outdated? Just curious.....
because the link above doesn't look like a newer style house. They look a lot like homes built in the late 90's and early 2000's.

The picture I posted above is new construction near my folks - in Nassau. There were some older homes on their street that were sitting on big plots of land. A builder bought the lots and put a few homes on each.

I also found it strange that new homes would be built with only a 1 car garage. I get that land is scarce on LI, but a 1 car garage is something from decades ago.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:11 PM

483 posts, read 667,643 times
Quote:
because the link above doesn't look like a newer style house. They look a lot like homes built in the late 90's and early 2000's.

The picture I posted above is new construction near my folks - in Nassau. There were some older homes on their street that were sitting on big plots of land. A builder bought the lots and put a few homes on each.

I also found it strange that new homes would be built with only a 1 car garage. I get that land is scarce on LI, but a 1 car garage is something from decades ago.

Noone is going to waste square footage to put a car (or more likely JUNK) inside a garage instead of some real live people in real rooms. We don't have hailstorms here and land is at a premium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island