Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?
Andrew Cuomo (D) 17 28.33%
Rob Astorino (R) 41 68.33%
Other/none of the above (please name below) 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 01:18 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryangry View Post
Add this as an option, how many that vote on this poll will actually go out and vote!
If everybody who is angry with Cuomo goes out and votes I am confident we can put New York on the road to recovery. If just half of the gun owners in NY went out and voted for Astorino he would win in a landslide. If just half of the people who are furious over Common Core went out and voted for Astorino he would win in a landslide.

Turnout is key. Another big factor is the unions, alot of them are very upset with Cuomo and there is some speculation that they could push the Working Families Party to run their own candidate which in effect would siphon votes from Cuomo and allow Astorino to squeak by on Election Day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 10:45 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,142,320 times
Let's not forget that thanks to him, we're now also paying for NYC's full-time Universal pre-K -- while Long Island doesn't even have full-time Kindergarten in all schools

Old 04-23-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Let's not forget that thanks to him, we're now also paying for NYC's full-time Universal pre-K -- while Long Island doesn't even have full-time Kindergarten in all schools
Long Island more or less subsidizes the rest of the state. We are Albany's cash cow

Old 04-23-2014, 10:33 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,810,109 times
I believe the question will boil down to "what has Cuomo done for the state/how has he s****** the people of NY?" Then, the answer will be why would you vote for him?

Result? Astorino looks very good.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:04 AM

35 posts, read 92,743 times
Abc!

Old 04-24-2014, 05:11 AM

2,440 posts, read 6,255,436 times
Cuomo's support is a mile wide and an inch deep.

I like Astorino a lot, and he really kicked butt in the recent Westchester County Executive election. But unfortunately, he is as exciting as watching paint dry. In this age of the totally uninformed voters, I doubt he has much chance against the bombastic Cuomo. He also will have trouble raising money because Cuomo is deemed to be inevitable.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
Cuomo's support is a mile wide and an inch deep.

I like Astorino a lot, and he really kicked butt in the recent Westchester County Executive election. But unfortunately, he is as exciting as watching paint dry. In this age of the totally uninformed voters, I doubt he has much chance against the bombastic Cuomo. He also will have trouble raising money because Cuomo is deemed to be inevitable.
Im not so sure about that, especially if the WFP runs their own candidate. I saw a poll the other day where 30% of Democratic respondents said that they would vote for a WFP candidate if they ran one instead of Cuomo ... which would put Astorino and Cuomo in a statistical dead heat.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:21 PM

852 posts, read 1,442,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcasty View Post
I voted and I will definitely be at the poll! Cuomo's gotta go!
We need a governor who doesn't have aspirations for higher office or being re-elected. That's the governor that'll do the right thing for New Yorkers (ie. legalizing marijuana). Sooooo, which candidate fits this bill?

Old 04-24-2014, 08:33 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Long Island more or less subsidizes the rest of the state. We are Albany's cash cow
And our teats are drying out!

Old 04-24-2014, 08:48 PM

239 posts, read 413,679 times
But outside of New York, Cuomo sounds great to so many. He's a Populist.

I read news outside of LI/NY/Jersey, just because, and Cuomo, like Christie, is really popular. You can also read responses across states on this site.

Some others already have Mrs. Clinton in the White House.

You can read the threads here.

You have to realize that politics are not NY centric, they cover, as it wise, to go after a broad appeal.

For example, Portland, Oregon has heard nothing about Cuomo, but likes Christie.

I like both Cuomo and Christie. Then again, I like a straight shooter.

Last edited by Sagafrika; 04-24-2014 at 08:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island