Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 11:34 AM

20,855 posts, read 28,175,323 times

Advertisements

Annie's luncheonette in Malverne, popular hangout for teens in the 70's (it's now called Our Town) Ickle Bickles in Malverne, Gouz farm in Elmont. I REMEMBER THEIR SLOGAN IN THE 70'S WAS "GOUZ...RHYMES WITH COWS!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 01:48 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,978,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbres View Post
These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers problem solvers and inventors problem solvers and inventors ever.
Yes, these generations created tort law which gave us helmets, car seats, non-lead paints and malpractice. Then they got rich making helmets in China and mandating lead paint removal and requiring liability insurance. Hey, with the credit comes the blame.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:45 PM

19,056 posts, read 16,864,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
black out in the 70's not sure exact year.
That would have been the summer of 77 because I had my license that year..

Old 12-05-2011, 07:44 PM

20,855 posts, read 28,175,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
That would have been the summer of 77 because I had my license that year..
ok then I was 6 years old.

Old 01-10-2018, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 756 times
Smile My Memories

I lived in Amityville from 2 years old (1952) until I got married in 1971. Amityville will always be home even though we have lived in Florida for the past 40 years. Memories

Playing hand ball behind Woolworths on its rear wall.
Having French fries and a coke at Buddy's Luncheonette
Going to Amity Theater 30 cents to get in.
Having pizza slices at the Pizza Oven.
Stealing a pickle out of the pickle barrel at the Jewish Deli.
Hard seeded rolls and crumb cake at Cream Puff Bakery
Italian Dinners at the Driftwood Restaurant
Just hanging out with friends from Amityville, Massapequa & Farmindale
All of the above at Inter County Shopping Center Carman Rd.
Directly across the street was Our Lady of Lourdes church where we went to dances once a month. Loved growing up there and go back as often as possible just to look and day dream.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:50 AM

8,799 posts, read 21,207,300 times
Finding (in the early 1950s) real Indian artifacts on the beach in front of our new summer house on
Strongs Neck. Probably no one else had been there for all those years. There were arrowheads,
Indian paint pots , corn grinders .... all things which you can find in museums. We really did not
appreciate this at the time, though.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 01-11-2018, 08:08 AM

19,645 posts, read 20,457,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Finding (in the early 1950s) real Indian artifacts on the beach in front of our new summer house on
Strongs Neck. Probably no one else had been there for all those years. There were arrowheads,
Indian paint pots , corn grinders .... all things which you can find in museums. We really did not
Now that is really, really cool.

There is partially submerged farming equipment in the swamp on my property.
Looks to be 19th century. Haven’t had a chance to wade out there and really check it out yet.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:22 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,111,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Interesting. Are you a Strong? Certainly no more "summer homes" on Strongs Neck nowadays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island