Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 12:45 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
My kid travels all the time, both through JFK and LGA and always brings a bunch of bagels and pita bread. I've traveled out of town to visit a friend who insists that I bring a chocolate babka with me. No problem. However, the humus and the cream cheese was confiscated. And therefore, some people were disappointed that they couldn't have their Temptee cream cheese.
Were you traveling around lunch time? The TSA people probably ate the humus and cream cheese.

And what Godforsaken place were you going to that they cannot even get Temptee cream cheese ... a mass produced Breakstone product? Were you traveling to another country instead of within the US?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 12:46 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
Who's Billy Joel?
Oh just a guy who is pretty famous for his DWIs.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:28 PM

75 posts, read 292,609 times
Slims Bagels right about 1 mile North of the Northern State before it turns into the Grand Central. Make a right on Little Neck Parkway and a left under the LIE into the shopping center. You won't be disappointed.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:53 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
A great big thank you to everyone for your input!

Old 06-19-2014, 07:45 AM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,724,431 times
Can you give us an update after the trip to let us know what happens? I'm curious.

At any rate, have a safe trip!!

Old 06-19-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjretrac View Post
Can you give us an update after the trip to let us know what happens? I'm curious.

At any rate, have a safe trip!!
Will do! Not leaving for 3 weeks, will check in with update from the Sunshine state.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:36 AM

11,636 posts, read 12,706,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Were you traveling around lunch time? The TSA people probably ate the humus and cream cheese.

And what Godforsaken place were you going to that they cannot even get Temptee cream cheese ... a mass produced Breakstone product? Were you traveling to another country instead of within the US?
Yeah, Breakstone is sold on the east coast. Very hard to get Temptee and Friendship on the west coast, except for a few limited places in LA and maybe SF. Couldn't find it in certain places down south either or in Kansas.

Temptee cream cheese in LA? - Los Angeles Area - Chowhound

Old 07-10-2014, 09:30 PM

Tomorrow is Bagel TSA day. Less than 12 hours until my flight.

It was a toss up between Slim's Bagels and Bagel Oasis.

Slims has the advantage of being in a shopping center so less dickering about for parking, while Bagel Oasis is on the South Service road, and might involve having to hunt down a spot as well as some back tracking.

Thanks again!

Old 07-10-2014, 10:10 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,708,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Tomorrow is Bagel TSA day. Less than 12 hours until my flight.

It was a toss up between Slim's Bagels and Bagel Oasis.

Slims has the advantage of being in a shopping center so less dickering about for parking, while Bagel Oasis is on the South Service road, and might involve having to hunt down a spot as well as some back tracking.

Thanks again!
Have a safe trip. I'll be in the Sunshine State next Thursday. Sans bagels.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:25 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Transportation Security Administration

I entered bagels (see the box on the home page) and it says "yes but..." basically they are allowed but the TSA can pretty much decide to disallow anything at anytime. My advice is save the receipt and hope for the best.

Seriously cannot imagine being that desperate for a NY bagel.

Also, can't think of any bagel shops off the parkway - sorry.
Yea the bagel desperation got me too. People NEED a NY bagel that badly? That seems kind of silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island