U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Thread summary:

Long Island: republican, democrat, political marketing, demographic data, market.

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-18-2007, 01:56 PM
 
1,359 posts, read 5,112,379 times
Reputation: 231

Advertisements

Will it kill LI and all that it has accomplished in the last few decades? Seems to me LI was much better when that dastrardly Republican machine was running things. The more time passes, the more NYC-like problems LI seems to be taking on.

 
Old 12-18-2007, 03:47 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 6,190,617 times
Reputation: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCGuy View Post
Will it kill LI and all that it has accomplished in the last few decades? Seems to me LI was much better when that dastrardly Republican machine was running things. The more time passes, the more NYC-like problems LI seems to be taking on.
You speak the truth I fear.
 
Old 12-18-2007, 06:24 PM
 
1,058 posts, read 3,178,745 times
Reputation: 226
Default The trends are outside of either party's local control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCGuy View Post
Will it kill LI and all that it has accomplished in the last few decades? Seems to me LI was much better when that dastrardly Republican machine was running things. The more time passes, the more NYC-like problems LI seems to be taking on.
The current trends are outside of either party's local control. The big trend is the rapid increase in population. Our population increases by over 3 million a year. Of that about 2 million are immigrants from Third World countries - do you really think your little exclusive suburb is safe?

The population of the US will go from a current 303 million to over 470 million by 2060. By then the US will be only 43% White. There will be nowhere to run by then.

Guess what - the Democratic Congress has voted to gut funding for border fence. Go here and scroll down to read: http://www.wvwnews.net/
 
Old 12-18-2007, 06:38 PM
 
Location: Mattituck
492 posts, read 621,658 times
Reputation: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbres View Post
The current trends are outside of either party's local control. The big trend is the rapid increase in population. Our population increases by over 3 million a year. Of that about 2 million are immigrants from Third World countries - do you really think your little exclusive suburb is safe?

The population of the US will go from a current 303 million to over 470 million by 2060. By then the US will be only 43% White. There will be nowhere to run by then.

Guess what - the Democratic Congress has voted to gut funding for border fence. Go here and scroll down to read: http://www.wvwnews.net/
Bastards...as expected.
They are gutting the 2nd tier that can alway be added at another time like when and if the troops come home. At least it can get started.
Who know's if enough people get fed up all the Dems may find themselves kicked out It happened in Southold (EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM BOOTED BY LANDSLIDES) !
People are waking up but its happening slowley thanks to people with big mouths and ideas like the EX Greenport Mayor lover of illegels. He beleived to have split off to beantown, the cops and inspectors can now do there jobs.
I would love to run for office in Mattituck (TOS), Id have a hellova chance

Anyway by 2060 I will likley be dead, luckly I have no kids they would have no future unless they were billionares if thing dont change. Worse yet kids bringing home squat monster dates or grandchildren...eeek !!!

Last edited by Joe L; 12-18-2007 at 06:48 PM..
 
Old 12-18-2007, 06:53 PM
 
Location: Mattituck
492 posts, read 621,658 times
Reputation: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCGuy View Post
Will it kill LI and all that it has accomplished in the last few decades? Seems to me LI was much better when that dastrardly Republican machine was running things. The more time passes, the more NYC-like problems LI seems to be taking on.
I think Nassau is a goner but Suffolk still has a chance. Lots of great nice old school people out there. Thank god for the housing market tanking and limited public transportation on the N Fork....none at night !

I know a couple Mexican's who work at "Taste of Venece" and That other Joint across Wendys Market (forgot the name I never eat out). They speak English and work all day and go home to Riverhead on the last train. They dont stick around or dare pull any B.S

Last edited by Joe L; 12-18-2007 at 07:02 PM..
 
Old 12-18-2007, 06:59 PM
 
1,058 posts, read 3,178,745 times
Reputation: 226
Default Long Island is going to feel the weight of demography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
Bastards...as expected.
They are gutting the 2nd tier that can alway be added at another time like when and if the troops come home. At least it can get started.
Who know's if enough people get fed up all the Dems may find themselves kicked out It happened in Southold (EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM BOOTED BY LANDSLIDES) !
People are waking up but its happening slowley thanks to people with big mouths and ideas like the EX Greenport Mayor lover of illegels. He beleived to have split off to beantown, the cops and inspectors can now do there jobs.
I would love to run for office in Mattituck (TOS), Id have a hellova chance

Anyway by 2060 I will likley be dead, luckly I have no kids they would have no future unless they were billionares if thing dont change. Worse yet kids bringing home squat monster dates or grandchildren...eeek !!!
Yes. Long Island will not be able to escape the weight of a changing demography.

You need to join a Movement.

I think RON PAUL 2008 is the only viable alternative.

What I posted earlier is the optimistic scenario. The pessimistic scenario is the population grows even faster with the added possibility of real balkanization and - hold on to your AK-47 - Civil War, don't laugh.
 
Old 12-18-2007, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Mattituck
492 posts, read 621,658 times
Reputation: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbres View Post
Yes. Long Island will not be able to escape the weight of a changing demography.

You need to join a Movement.

I think RON PAUL 2008 is the only viable alternative.

What I posted earlier is the optimistic scenario. The pessimistic scenario is the population grows even faster with the added possibility of real balkanization and - hold on to your AK-47 - Civil War, don't laugh.
Ron Paul is the real deal hands down, Civil War and balkanization is guaranteed on the current North American Union course.
The next thing the Libs and Scull n Bones crew are going to do is collapse the US dollar then tell us we need a new-found continent wide money system like the Euro or loose it all.
I have no doubt that’s coming next-
--- that and taking away all the licensed guns from all recognized militia and US citizens remember my words!

BTW: Have you seen last Fridays CD interest rates it’s sickening!!

Last edited by Joe L; 12-18-2007 at 07:19 PM..
 
Old 12-18-2007, 07:20 PM
 
1,058 posts, read 3,178,745 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Joe L: BTW: Have you seen last Fridays CD interest rates it’s sickening!!
No. What are the interest rates on CD's now?

Does it pay to even bother saving money?
 
Old 12-18-2007, 07:38 PM
 
Location: Mattituck
492 posts, read 621,658 times
Reputation: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbres View Post
No. What are the interest rates on CD's now?

Does it pay to even bother saving money?
Long Island's popular banks pay out worst interest rates in the country
The highest CD in the Country is Countrywide Bank (FDIC) 3 month
5.35 -5.50APY minimum $10,000
The 6 month and yearly is actuall less, You need to tie up $25,000 to earn around $600 in 6 months, its friggan BACKWARDS !

Forget the popular banks there down to around 2.0 and falling, Bank of America (where personel barly speak English) 1.7%) savings accounts are WORSE then that.
Buy Gold gnots (not coins) or clean stock vintage cars or pre 80's Gibson & Fender guitars if you can find them.

Read this every morning and Friday 4PM EST
http://www.bankrate.com/blm/rate/brm_depsearch.asp

Remember !!!
The FDIC insurence rate is now $100k per customer NOT ACCOUNT !
If the bank takes a dump and you have two accounts totalling $250k you get 100K from uncle Sam and your remainig $150 grand is HISTORY !!!!

Last edited by Keeper; 12-19-2007 at 06:47 AM.. Reason: If you have a problem with moderator send DM. I don't take points away..
 
Old 12-18-2007, 10:33 PM
 
Location: Little Babylon
4,332 posts, read 7,493,353 times
Reputation: 1847
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCGuy View Post
Will it kill LI and all that it has accomplished in the last few decades? Seems to me LI was much better when that dastrardly Republican machine was running things. The more time passes, the more NYC-like problems LI seems to be taking on.
LI has been on that track for at least the last two decades. Why do you think a bunch of us left 20 years ago? I really believe what LI currently is started when all us city folk moved out there in the 50's and 60's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top