Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 02:50 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
You should try eating in Botin. LOL!

It's a popular dish in Spain, Italy, France, Puerto Rico, Philippines and China (Canton). I like it myself. Last one I ate was in Paris where they cooked the piglet in a rotisserie a-la Boston Market.

Filipinos have this technique where they stew the leftovers in vinegar and eat it for lunch the next day, or freeze and have for Sunday next week. Nothing goes to waste and still tastes excellent.
Been to Madrid and thankfully the opportunity of a whole pig roast did not present itself! There are some countries where I will only eat vegetarian and/or only eat things I can clearly identify. There are some airlines as well where I always order a vegetarian meal. I know the whole pig roast is popular in a lot of places, but I am not too adventurous on that. One time we had a potluck at another job and somebody brought a curried goat head! Truthfully, I could not even look at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 03:04 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Having a luau on the beach, Lubby?
No backyard party for hubby's birthday.

Old 07-13-2014, 03:08 PM

Thanks for some of the suggestions. I will call the BBQ place that was recommended. I need one already cooked but it seems that places in queens only do it and that's too far. My friend did call me with a person in Seaford who's Filipino and he does them the cost is $285 for am medium sized pig. Sounds expensive but for 20 people who love this meat it will be well worth it and there will be plenty of leftovers.

Old 07-13-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I cannot watch Andrew Zimmern's TV shows about Bizarre Foods!!! And I have to turn off Anthony Bourdain as well when he's munching on a specialty of eyes, buttholes, balls, etc.
LOL then you wouldn't want to know that my husband loves eating the pigs, snout feet and head

Old 07-13-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANM1982 View Post
Maybe these guys? Says it has drop off service and Google says they're right in Islip

Long Island BBQ - JC'S Barbeque & Catering
Thanks. I emailed them and I am waiting to hear back.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:39 PM

Ordered the roasted pig today. $280 for a 45 lb. Picking it up day of party. I ended up ordering from this Filipino guy in Seaford my friend knows. He's already roasting 2 other pigs that day for 2 other parties.

Old 12-05-2014, 07:21 PM

4 posts, read 14,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Ordered the roasted pig today. $280 for a 45 lb. Picking it up day of party. I ended up ordering from this Filipino guy in Seaford my friend knows. He's already roasting 2 other pigs that day for 2 other parties.
Hello, is possible for you to give give me his contact info or maybe his website?

Thank you

Old 12-07-2014, 07:10 AM

148 posts, read 247,886 times
In order to do that, you've got to know some central Americans or Caribbean people.

Every holiday is a great big roasted ham in the fridge.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingio View Post
Hello, is possible for you to give give me his contact info or maybe his website?

Thank you
His name is Darius and he lives in Seaford. He cooks them at his house. He does not have a website. More than likely he cooks them in the ground (traditional way to cook it.) Best Pork I ever had. I do not have his number at the moment but I can get it.

Old 12-14-2014, 07:27 PM

4 posts, read 14,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
His name is Darius and he lives in Seaford. He cooks them at his house. He does not have a website. More than likely he cooks them in the ground (traditional way to cook it.) Best Pork I ever had. I do not have his number at the moment but I can get it.
Hi Lubby,

Sorry for the confusing sentence!
I would greatly appreciate it if you can give me his contact info. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island