Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 11:50 AM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
The Hamptons are boring, IMO and I'm a partier. Not a fan, esp for a honeymoon meh. Way nicer places to go than the Hamptons.

I said Hamptons is mostly bars b/c it is. Southhampton and Easthampton aren't the real "Hamptons" cuz generally when ppl say they are going to the Hamptons that isn't what they mean. Hampton Bays, IMO, is the real "Hamptons" - my assumption was that that was what the OP meant.
did the OP ask what your opinion was of the Hamptons? How'd you like it if someone trashed your vacation destination? no class
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 11:51 AM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,013 times
To the OP - a friend of mine had a "mini-moon" at Gurney's Inn in Montauk. They had a wonderful time. Maybe look into that as well?

Old 08-06-2014, 12:33 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,373,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
did the OP ask what your opinion was of the Hamptons? How'd you like it if someone trashed your vacation destination? no class
I stated my opinion bc I dont want her to be disappointed esp since it's a honeymoon. If she likes it there or wants to go for her HM, great but there are, IMO, way better places on LI to honeymoon than the Hamptons - Montauk for one.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:54 PM

279 posts, read 589,786 times
Ah, my bad... from an outsider's POV, Montauk was a part of the Hamptons I thought lol Guess I should do more research.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:37 PM

20,932 posts, read 28,414,875 times
I would stay at Gurney's Inn in Montauk.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:06 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,933,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
The Hamptons begin in Eastport and Riverside. You'll never get agreement on where "The Hamptons" begin.
If Walter were here he'd straightening me out. I know the boundaries on the map but as far as most hamptons regulars are concerned its east of the canal ( and south of the highway if you ask certain people).

Jdawg, I'm sure a couple that's been living together a while and already has kids would be interested in the sleezey, trashy nightclubs in hamptons bays for their honeymoon. It's sounds like paradise, maybe they can buy a little Molly from a meathead to complete the mood.
Worsthampton and Hampton Decays are hardly a reflection of the beautiful hamptons.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:45 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,836,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I stated my opinion bc I dont want her to be disappointed esp since it's a honeymoon. If she likes it there or wants to go for her HM, great but there are, IMO, way better places on LI to honeymoon than the Hamptons - Montauk for one.
Montauk is in the Town of East Hampton - "The Hamptons."

Old 08-07-2014, 01:48 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,836,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFG View Post
If Walter were here he'd straightening me out. I know the boundaries on the map but as far as most hamptons regulars are concerned its east of the canal ( and south of the highway if you ask certain people).

Jdawg, I'm sure a couple that's been living together a while and already has kids would be interested in the sleezey, trashy nightclubs in hamptons bays for their honeymoon. It's sounds like paradise, maybe they can buy a little Molly from a meathead to complete the mood.
Worsthampton and Hampton Decays are hardly a reflection of the beautiful hamptons.
Define "hamptons regulars."

Old 08-07-2014, 04:26 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,933,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Define "hamptons regulars."
The people that live there year round for years and the people that live behind the hedges and gates, I'd even consider the successful business owners the regulars.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:43 AM

260 posts, read 450,764 times
Highly recommend staying at the Panoramic View in Montauk: Panoramic View Resorts

Soooooo romantic and relaxing. We've stayed a couple of times for long weekends, definitely a treat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island