Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 12:32 PM

191 posts, read 514,711 times

Advertisements

It was currently posted on this board that Steven King and Peter Israel were accepting money to bring the immigrant children to Long Island.

Rep. Steve Israel (D-Huntington), whose congressional district includes Syosset, said in a statement, "The influx of unaccompanied minors is a humanitarian crisis, and I'm pleased to learn that MercyFirst, which has been serving children at this site for well over 100 years, is stepping up to lend a hand."

Rep. Peter King (R-Seaford) said that "as a Long Islander, I have no problem with it" because the children "would be taken care of within the facility itself."

Well, a friend of mine called Steven Kings office and they didn't know anything about.

Anyone know the Truth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 02:22 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,402,295 times
Yes Gail it's true and Steven King is going to write a macabre novel about the children titled "Israel's Lot"

Old 08-07-2014, 02:38 PM

22,637 posts, read 36,603,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToGo View Post
Yes Gail it's true and Steven King is going to write a macabre novel about the children titled "Israel's Lot"
Peter Israel is the co author.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:53 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,780,153 times
I'd suggest the OP find a better source for news than either her friend or this board, or at least improve her Googling .

Old 08-08-2014, 06:36 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,048,260 times
So this money is going towards the Children of the Corn?

Old 08-08-2014, 04:06 PM

7,794 posts, read 6,355,834 times
I doubt our elected officials will be privy to any plans to sneak illegal trash into our neighborhoods.

Old 08-10-2014, 09:26 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,757,216 times
I'm surprised Belloney isn't negotiating--right now--with authorities, to bring 000's of the little refugees to our shores, building encampments around the old Pilgrim State and CI hospital grounds, and supplementing his union gifts with federal relief aid $ before the county budget blows up.

Oh-and keeping it all no the QT, just like the hotels-turned-homeless shelters in Commack and Brentwood. You wouldn't want the highest property tax levy payers (arguably in the country) to know just how down and out their county really is.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:02 PM

148 posts, read 246,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I doubt our elected officials will be privy to any plans to sneak illegal trash into our neighborhoods.
I can understand how frustrating the economy can be and sometimes human nature is to look for someone to blame but can you please not refer to human children as trash?

Old 08-12-2014, 12:57 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,075,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pholtor View Post
I can understand how frustrating the economy can be and sometimes human nature is to look for someone to blame but can you please not refer to human children as trash?
I don't think they were necessarily referring to the children as trash, just the illegal immigration process as a whole. These are people that don't belong in our country, enter illegally, and then want all the rights and powers afforded to citizens.

Imagine trying to just enter the UK illegally and then wanting all the perks they get. Do you think you'd be allowed?

Old 08-12-2014, 05:34 PM

5,279 posts, read 4,723,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post

Imagine trying to just enter the UK illegally and then wanting all the perks they get. Do you think you'd be allowed?
Yup they sure are allowed (of course you or I wouldn't be though). England is known as shangri-la for African illegals because of social programs and near zero chance of getting deported. England is just as stupid as we are when it comes to immigration policy.

Up to 15,000 immigrants sneak into Britain through Calais every year: Deputy Mayor says town has become a 'magnet' for foreigners trying to cross the Channel | Mail Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: