Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 07:41 AM

15 posts, read 13,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
all you need to know i already posted. if you are still asking then re-rread it.
Can I mock your bad spelling the way you mock my question? I hope one day you are trying to learn something and are bullied for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 07:45 AM

106,668 posts, read 108,810,853 times
sure , in fact it is a wonder i can type at all on this nook keyboard. sometimes the mis-spelled words really come out funny.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:06 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,225,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmWithStupid View Post
Can I mock your bad spelling the way you mock my question? I hope one day you are trying to learn something and are bullied for it.
Why ask your question in the first place..clearly u are looking for answers about making an insurance claim
as it's obvious u don't have any knowledge in that area.. What u did know all along is that u will never replace the roof, throw a tarp over it, get some knowledge here and then commit insurance fraud.

Pretty lame..

Old 10-12-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post
Why ask your question in the first place..clearly u are looking for answers about making an insurance claim
as it's obvious u don't have any knowledge in that area.. What u did know all along is that u will never replace the roof, throw a tarp over it, get some knowledge here and then commit insurance fraud.

Pretty lame..
How can I make an insurance claim if I don't even own the home yet? All I asked was if a tarp is as effective as a new roof. If no precipitation is leaking in than I don't see the difference. I don't know anything about insurance fraud and how to commit it.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:16 AM

do you think a tarp would endure a hurricane or wind storm? a roof will unless it is the likes of sandy and even then you stand a good chance.. your tarp will make a nice sail in even the smallest winds..

the answer is you will not be covered , plain and simple ,do not consider it. you can take that to the bank.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
do you think a tarp would endure a hurricane or wind storm? a roof will unless it is the likes of sandy and even then you stand a good chance.. your tarp will make a nice sail in even the smallest winds..

the answer is you will not be covered , plain and simple ,do not consider it. you can take that to the bank.
So it's pointless to get homeowners insurance is what you are saying?

Old 10-12-2014, 08:35 AM

it is pointless to get insurance if you think you are entering a claim for water damage from your tarped roof or for damage to it from being in poor shape and will get it fixed eventually that way...

it isn't pointless if you do not want to gamble on the fact the house catches fire or you have real wind damage or other qualifying damage or liability issues.,.

in reality , YES ,most insurance is pointless since that is how insurers make money, odds are you will pay more than you get . but since as humans we can only have 2 outcomes in life , things either work out for you as planned or they don't. so do you want to take the risk as to which side of the bet you are on?

that is your answer as to whether insurance is pointless or not. it's your call.

Last edited by mathjak107; 10-12-2014 at 09:28 AM..

Old 10-12-2014, 10:18 AM

4,676 posts, read 9,991,727 times
Tarps do not work. They are merely temporary. And do a poor job.

When a roof leaks, the water travels through the roof sheathing, trusses, joists and walls and enters your living space.

Then mold starts to grow. Wood rots and weakens. Get a heavy snowload and whammo....the roof caves in.

A roof can be replaced in one day.

Do it!

Old 10-12-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocngypz View Post
Tarps do not work. They are merely temporary. And do a poor job.

When a roof leaks, the water travels through the roof sheathing, trusses, joists and walls and enters your living space.

Then mold starts to grow. Wood rots and weakens. Get a heavy snowload and whammo....the roof caves in.

A roof can be replaced in one day.

Do it!
Thanks. I'll get a new roof. Thank you for making sense and helping me.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:15 PM

126 posts, read 222,086 times
My understanding is that bridges are very expensive to re-roof. You are better off just living under it without further investment. However, tarping might make for unsafe/slick conditions for the cars passing over your bridge, so is really not recommended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island