Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 04:58 AM

201 posts, read 333,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
You are new to the forum. I suggest you read through all the posts by the OP and you will find that many of those posters initially answered the questions posed honestly, and all in the spirit of trying to help a fellow LI'er who was trying to get a bead on a new stage of his life. Speaking as one who responded in many of those threads (Obviously, I can only speak for myself, but I believe others will agree) after a while I felt like I was on the receiving end of a throw a carrot and watch them go for it. The OP was from one side of LI to the other and then tossed Albany in for good measure. Additionally, the story changed from one thread to another, from one town to another, from one funding source to another. After a while even the village idiot gets some smarts, and therein lies the part of the story that you most probably did not know.
I still don't understand thinking process. Its a public forum, who do you think is posting here? It was your choice to reply however many times you did. because YOU wanted to post your point of veiw or what you thought was advice. why not just refrain from posting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Sigh. New name, same drivel. Back on ignore.
I received a few DM's in reply to my post on your rude comment. It seems you don't even live on LI? Sorry to hear you consider being called on your rudness "drivel". I'm glad you have me all figured out as to how I'm not really who I am? LOl. keep up the good work. I guess you must have a really full pleasant life down in NC. good luck.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Correct it is MY point of view and my advice. Quite frankly, I don't know how to CREDIBLY offer same, if not my own experience. When a poster asks for example,

I have a question that maybe someone can help me understand. With a joint salary as of now, of before taxes 66,000 and with a 70 thousand dollar down payment, what is the highest price range for a house we may qualify with great credit - in 700s? I think somewhere in the 300s but can anyone help calculate? Thanks.
I think your asking about your debt to income ratio. Debt-to-income ratio calculator

If you gross 5500 a month subtract all your major bills (auto payment, credit card ect) say you have 2500 in bills every month that would leave you 3000. what ever percentage of that is available for you to borrow is how far the bank will go on a loan. I forget if the bank just figures the loan or includes the tax's in their figure. I don't think they include taxs and their only looking for major reaccurring monthly debt. Anyway its a math formula that is used, its not just done on a whim.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:08 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Malakalot View Post
I still don't understand thinking process. Its a public forum, who do you think is posting here? It was your choice to reply however many times you did. because YOU wanted to post your point of veiw or what you thought was advice. why not just refrain from posting?
Note: Many posters (myself included) are former LI'ers who have a vast knowledge of LI that many consider helpful. The responses often are not our POV but rather solid factual info (check out LIQUEST posting about how to figure out what he can afford for example). Point to consider, check out our rep points to see if others think we are helpful.

I have the ability to sift through comments that offer points to consider and then I make a decision if I think that point is valid or not. It matters little to me that it only represents one point of view. Personally, I don't know how to exist in this world if I only considered a single point of view, but that is just me.

I suggest you read all the posts as previously suggested and if you don't understand DM me and I will explain.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:21 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,112,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Malakalot View Post
I think your asking about your debt to income ratio. Debt-to-income ratio calculator

If you gross 5500 a month subtract all your major bills (auto payment, credit card ect) say you have 2500 in bills every month that would leave you 3000. what ever percentage of that is available for you to borrow is how far the bank will go on a loan. I forget if the bank just figures the loan or includes the tax's in their figure. I don't think they include taxs and their only looking for major reaccurring monthly debt. Anyway its a math formula that is used, its not just done on a whim.

Please disregard this post, it was posted accidently. FYI. This was a question that was posed by LIQUEST that I and many others responded to early on. I was going to respond to you by using this as an example and decided to not beat it to death.

To help you understand. Click on LIQUEST and select view all posts. Scroll through the titles alone and you will see why many feel we are having our chain pulled. He was all over the map and was no where near ready to settle down and take the next step. Review that and then see if you understand.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:03 AM

480 posts, read 669,152 times
Quote:
[/b]

Please disregard this post, it was posted accidently. FYI. This was a question that was posed by LIQUEST that I and many others responded to early on. I was going to respond to you by using this as an example and decided to not beat it to death.

To help you understand. Click on LIQUEST and select view all posts. Scroll through the titles alone and you will see why many feel we are having our chain pulled. He was all over the map and was no where near ready to settle down and take the next step. Review that and then see if you understand.
The fact that you are trying to have others dislike me for asking questions and posting threads in ways that you do not agree with is fascinating to me. I have a disability so I don't learn things as easily as others do. Maybe if you and others understood that you wouldn't be so harsh on me. Again this is what I mean by high school mentality. If others aren't a part of your clique, you make fun of and badger them because they don't do things the way that mostly others do. Give it up.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:31 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,962,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUEST View Post
The fact that you are trying to have others dislike me for asking questions and posting threads in ways that you do not agree with is fascinating to me. I have a disability so I don't learn things as easily as others do. Maybe if you and others understood that you wouldn't be so harsh on me. Again this is what I mean by high school mentality. If others aren't a part of your clique, you make fun of and badger them because they don't do things the way that mostly others do. Give it up.
High school mentality
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: