Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 02:54 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,814,207 times

Advertisements

Visited Long Island this week and it just reminds me of how thankful I am that I moved off of Long Island. I brought FIdo along with me and to our dismay, there are few places for him to go! State parks on Long Island are definitely not dog friendly, and the few county parks extort you for hefty fees! Thank goodness we didn't visit during the summer season, or I would have had to pay a $13 parking fee, just to walk the dog! Fido misses Pennsylvania, where there are dog friendly state parks everywhere, and where all the parks are free. FIDO cannot understand how his owner only has to pay $2,000 a year in property taxes in Pa and has access to ample amounts of parkland with full amentities, yet his LI counterparts are slammed with sky high property taxes, and are nickel and dimed with parking, entrance, and red light camera fees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 03:13 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,520,274 times
oh brother

Old 11-03-2014, 03:16 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Sigh another expat complaining thread....

Old 11-03-2014, 03:46 PM

573 posts, read 1,242,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Sigh another expat complaining thread....
Apparently Fido is the one complaining so the question is, did Fido ever live on LI?

Old 11-03-2014, 05:14 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,831,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
Visited Long Island this week and it just reminds me of how thankful I am that I moved off of Long Island. I brought FIdo along with me and to our dismay, there are few places for him to go! State parks on Long Island are definitely not dog friendly, and the few county parks extort you for hefty fees! Thank goodness we didn't visit during the summer season, or I would have had to pay a $13 parking fee, just to walk the dog! Fido misses Pennsylvania, where there are dog friendly state parks everywhere, and where all the parks are free. FIDO cannot understand how his owner only has to pay $2,000 a year in property taxes in Pa and has access to ample amounts of parkland with full amentities, yet his LI counterparts are slammed with sky high property taxes, and are nickel and dimed with parking, entrance, and red light camera fees.
It's a dog's life.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:10 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,243,983 times
Quote:
FIDO probably doesn't understand why his owner feels compelled to keep coming back to the LI part of CD either.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:25 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,875,457 times
There are free parks such as Cedar Creek and Wantagh (unless it's mid-summer). No they're not plentiful because it takes money to keep anything maintained around here. People gotta get paid and all that. The fees are crazy high, yes. But I'm not moving to PA for silly reasons.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:33 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
My Fido is an NC native so will have no comment on this thread.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:43 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,106,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetties View Post
fido probably doesn't understand why his owner feels compelled to keep coming back to the li part of cd either.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:23 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,445,137 times
Quote:
Personally I hate PA parks as they are full of dog poop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island