U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 05:16 PM

480 posts, read 211,825 times

Advertisements

I saw an all cash home for 110,000 for what seems to be near 1 block north of 16.

Here is that house.

14 Woodmont Pl, Farmingville, NY 11738 | MLS 2718014 | Listing Information | MLSLI.com - Long Island Real Estate

I'm curious if anyone is familiar with this area? We have the ability to buy it, and our monthly payment would be $500 around. We would want to extend to build a second bedroom if we were to buy this or something comparable to this. In this instance and example, I'm using this house that's for sale as a current point and research.

I would imagine this is how you "beat the system". My fiancé and I are looking for something simple, nothing huge. Not having kids for four years, kids won't be going into a High School until 2034 or 2035, which we wouldn't even know what schools would be like, but maybe we'd be outta here and off LI or in a better area.

This intrigues me but I don't the area is that great. Anyone know of shooting or stabbings in the area? Seems to be two blocks down on 16, a few bodegas or "eh" type of shops.

Again, this thread is based upon this home only. So don't give me grief about another thread on Farmingville. Pidge, I'm waiting for you high schooler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 05:32 PM

900 posts, read 822,997 times
I encourage you to jump on this shack and go away.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:40 PM

480 posts, read 211,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge1114 View Post
I encourage you to jump on this shack and go away.
Cool story bro.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:00 PM

154 posts, read 62,295 times
Are there ghosts, witches, sorcerers, ancient burial grounds and the like in Suffolk County, NY?

Old 11-10-2014, 06:10 PM

1,211 posts, read 2,916,660 times
I know many others have answered your questions before. I'll give it a shot.
Did you read the description of the house you posted? It says a few very important things, one is "subject to bank approval" meaning it's a short sale which can take forever and the bank may not accept your offer even if the current seller does. Second, "cash deal or 203k" needed meaning there is something sketchy that's nots obvious in the photos like no heating heating system or no CO or some other major thing that will prevent you from obtaining a traditional mortgage. So cash is cash(certified check) $110,000 plus at least $8,000 in closing costs or 203k which is not easy to get and can take almost as long as a short sale if you're not working with an expert. Lastly, it already has taxes higher than what you're comfortable with and sachem is up the creek with their budget and has had major increases recently that I believe are planned to continue for the near future. This should be playing a major part in your decision. As a total side note, it's a one bedroom which is the most undesirable single family style home.
I appreciate the ease of asking questions on in a forum like this but you would benefit so much more by partnering with a realtor and mortgage expert that can truly educate you and guide you through this process. You are a major question asker but it doesn't seem that you retain much of the knowledge that is shared with you here.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:55 PM

9,123 posts, read 10,680,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFG View Post
IYou are a major question asker but it doesn't seem that you retain much of the knowledge that is shared with you here.
Where's the applause emoji?

Old 11-10-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUEST View Post
Cool story bro.
high school mentality

Old 11-10-2014, 07:23 PM

3,126 posts, read 2,586,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Where's the applause emoji?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFG View Post
You are a major question asker but it doesn't seem that you retain much of the knowledge that is shared with you here.
lol

Old 11-10-2014, 07:41 PM

4,915 posts, read 4,335,313 times
Are you having kids? You (specifically) will want a good school district. Judging by your words and behavior, all this talk of mediocre towns will be pointless.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:42 PM

His top priority is shootings and stabbings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island