Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 03:26 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times

Advertisements

Jessica was no "little girl (OhBeeHave)

She was only just thirteen, I meant.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 03-07-2008 at 05:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 03:28 PM

You are probably right.

And, now it looks as though Marty Tankleff may have to go to trial again. I waiver between thinking that he is guilty or not. Not sure at all now.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:30 PM

8 posts, read 44,453 times
Dear PSYCHO 123- I can see know how you took your name, you sound like a Psycho, I happened to know for a fact and more than you claim to know that - CHRISTOPHER LOLISCIO IS NOT GUILTY and That is some story about his brother Patrick. I think the ex-girlfiriend and you were smoking way too much pot to have a handle on what was reality and was not.

By the way, where were you the night Jessica Manners was killed or maybe you cannot remember because you were too high!

If you really knew anything about the case you would not be talking the way you are.

The evidence that has come out in the last 10 years has proven that Christopher Loliscio did not commit the murder, but you most likely have not come past 1989.

The evidence that is currently out there proves that the real killer or killers is still on the street somewhere.

There was an investigator on this case in the last two years that was part of the SIC investigation of Suffolk County in the late 80's that brought the evidence forward to the DA's office that showed the facts that Christopher Loliscio DID NOT COMMIT THIS CRIME. Guess what the DA's office does not want to look at anything. Sound familar?
I can tell you this that there is an investigative team currently working the local streets and finding things that were not out there before and some very interesting names have come out of it.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:29 PM

1 posts, read 5,080 times
Nancy are you serious?? so you are referencing your son's classmate Jessica who was "calling cabs to meet boys?" Bludiamond I sum it up as, well she was sexually active at 14 and it was not known to the court so wait maybe she was not that innocent?? disgusting. She was brutally murdered, raped and dumped. Let's not foget what happened. If you believe Loliscio is innocent and you have something substantial that backs that then post it. Do not blame a girl who was taken advantage of in the worst way possible. I read some of these posts and realize how ignorant people can be. I am ashamed that people could actually blame the victim. The Manner's family home life has NOTHING to do with the murder of an innocent child.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:27 PM

Nancy are you serious??

You may have misinterpreted the posts. I am one who believes that the boy who was convicted of murdering Jessica (who was indeed a little girl to me anyway ) was guilty. I blamed the taxis for picking her up and driving her when she was obviously a minor to desolate locations . I did not blame the girl.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 03-15-2008, 09:40 AM

8 posts, read 44,453 times
I am not blaming anyone except the people that committed the murder, what I am saying is that Christopher Loliscio did NOT commit this crime. If everyone in Suffolk County would not be so swayed by what they read every day in Newsday there might actually be honest trials.

There have been to many cases that have been handle really bad in Suffolk County and that is why the New York State Investigation is now investigating the DA's office for the second time.

The problem with everyone in Suffolk is they think that all people brought into court are guilty and they must prove their innocence to the public and the courts. That is not the Constitution of the United States. The only way people out there will understand how bad it really is in Suffolk is when they are brought into court for any charge.

Why would anyone post real evidence on any web site in Suffolk? the DA's office will then work to get rid of the evidence - look at the Tankleff case - do you think that was handled correctly or do you have concerns on how it was handled by the DA's office over the last 17 years?

In the Lolisco case there have been many motions and newly discovered eveidence submiited to the courts and the County will not entertain them. By the way the Appeals court dismissed the Rape and Felony murder charges and the indictments over 14 years ago as the Courts stated that the County did not prove or have any evidnce to back up the charge.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:28 AM

33 posts, read 131,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludiamond View Post
I am not blaming anyone except the people that committed the murder, what I am saying is that Christopher Loliscio did NOT commit this crime. If everyone in Suffolk County would not be so swayed by what they read every day in Newsday there might actually be honest trials.

There have been to many cases that have been handle really bad in Suffolk County and that is why the New York State Investigation is now investigating the DA's office for the second time.

The problem with everyone in Suffolk is they think that all people brought into court are guilty and they must prove their innocence to the public and the courts. That is not the Constitution of the United States. The only way people out there will understand how bad it really is in Suffolk is when they are brought into court for any charge.

Why would anyone post real evidence on any web site in Suffolk? the DA's office will then work to get rid of the evidence - look at the Tankleff case - do you think that was handled correctly or do you have concerns on how it was handled by the DA's office over the last 17 years?

In the Lolisco case there have been many motions and newly discovered eveidence submiited to the courts and the County will not entertain them. By the way the Appeals court dismissed the Rape and Felony murder charges and the indictments over 14 years ago as the Courts stated that the County did not prove or have any evidnce to back up the charge.
Would it be too intrusive if I asked you to disclose more information on any advancements in the case?

I am in no way affiliated with the PD, or even with the case...but I've always felt personally uneasy about the resolution that was made. I'm also...morbidly curious.

I've known the Manners family for over 20 years, and it is not hard to imagine why they are so complacent with the apparent "justice" that has been served. Who would want to think that the person responsible for brutally murdering their very own child is still roaming the town without recourse?

The Suffolk DA has been corrupt for years, and I do believe Mr. Loliscio deserves a fair trial, but I fear that without money, power, and publicity (like Tankleff had), that it will never be a stark reality...

Please do share any information that you have with us, if possible. It is only through knowledge that the public can garner a more accurate picture of what occurred.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,700 times
Wow the ignorance of people that believe everything they read or hear- depending how they want it to accomodate their "OPINION", so very very sad...here you trash talking a 14 yr old little girl (remember!) that was raped and murdered for Easter. Yeah, lets defend a 20 YEAR OLD (remember) that took advantage, and then MURDERED this young confused girl, my friend.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:45 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryp View Post
Wow the ignorance of people that believe everything they read or hear- depending how they want it to accomodate their "OPINION", so very very sad...here you trash talking a 14 yr old little girl (remember!) that was raped and murdered for Easter. Yeah, lets defend a 20 YEAR OLD (remember) that took advantage, and then MURDERED this young confused girl, my friend.
Thanks for bumping a thread that had been dead for 4 months.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,327 times
I still care about the case. I was Jessica's friend back then. Jessica may have had problems, but she did not deserve to be murdered. Her life was cut short at age 14. That could be anyone's sister, niece, daughter or friend. Saying no one cares anymore is incorrect. Many of us who knew her will never forget her. Things many of us take for granted, our prom, going to college, being on your own, your first job, falling in love, Jessica will never get to experience. There is no doubt in my mind that this man killed her. He has never expressed any sympathy for what happened, and has thrown excuse after excuse out, hoping something will stick. At his appeal, he tried to argue through his attorneys that Jessica was a prostitute, despite the fact that there was never any evidence of this. The Appellate Division saw through it and denied the appeal. It's true that neither I nor anyone else other then Loliscio knows what he did that night. I would never wish anything bad on this person. " Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord. " I think he will eventually be made to pay for what he knows in his heart he has done. I am only glad he is off the street, and is somewhere where he can't hurt anyone else.

Last edited by camdeeznutz; 01-18-2010 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: grammar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island