Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 10:59 AM

256 posts, read 311,644 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am considering buying 5000 sq ft lot on Port Washington Blvd near LIRR station. Now, my question is: What do you think about the neighborhood? I know everything near train station anywhere is not a great idea to build your new home, BUT what can you tell me about the specific area around PW LIIR?

I'd appreciate every opinion. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2014, 05:48 PM

256 posts, read 311,644 times
Anyone from Port Washington?

I visited today, and loved it. I can imagine how nice it is in summer time near the water.
Could someone advise on location on Port Washington Blvd near Post Office? The street is really busy on Sunday, I don't know how it is M-F?

Overall, I really love the feel of PW.

Old 11-30-2014, 06:06 PM

41 posts, read 117,623 times
PW Blvd is very busy M-F. People are going to work and school. The middle school and high school are located next to Port Washington Blvd. Near the train station are new very tall power poles and I would guess that the trains make a lot of noise. Traffic during the week is very heavy on Port Blvd. There are crossing guards to help people (children and adults who are going to school or the post office or elsewhere ) cross Port Blvd.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:39 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,225,137 times
If there's no kids involved and you like the area, go for it. Don't rely on the knuckleheads here - stop in at the PW police dept and they'll be more than happy to give you an honest opinion on the area. Personally, I really like PW, but the area in question has too much traffic fire my liking. Good luck

Old 12-02-2014, 10:50 AM

344 posts, read 717,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klara View Post
Anyone from Port Washington?

I visited today, and loved it. I can imagine how nice it is in summer time near the water.
Could someone advise on location on Port Washington Blvd near Post Office? The street is really busy on Sunday, I don't know how it is M-F?

Overall, I really love the feel of PW.
I didn't know there were vacant lots in that area. As the other posters said, Port Blvd. is busy. Probably the busiest at and around its intersection with Main St.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island