U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 01-03-2008, 11:16 AM

15 posts, read 34,314 times
Smile Moving Back to LI

Hi there fellow LIers!

After a 5 year leave of absence - my husband and twin 14 month boys are moving back to where we belong.

I would have to continue to work, and before moving I used to work in EAB plaze (heard the name has changed). Does anyone know what tenants are in the towers as it was fantastic for my commute!

Thanks to all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-03-2008, 11:19 AM

3,456 posts, read 5,161,858 times
I just hope your ready for the shock. Alot of things have changed in 5 years. Just make sure you crunch the numbers and be sure you can survive here.
Welcome home!!

Unread 01-03-2008, 11:28 AM

12,959 posts, read 13,632,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoftwinBOYS View Post
Hi there fellow LIers!

After a 5 year leave of absence - my husband and twin 14 month boys are moving back to where we belong.

I would have to continue to work, and before moving I used to work in EAB plaze (heard the name has changed). Does anyone know what tenants are in the towers as it was fantastic for my commute!

Thanks to all.
It is now called Rexcorp Plaza. A few years ago it housed Citibank, Wamu, Dreyfus, to name a few...but things change.

Unread 01-03-2008, 11:31 AM

You all have said i should be prepared for a shock and things have changed - would anyone mind being a bit more specific so we can access accordingly.

Much thanks

Unread 01-03-2008, 12:46 PM

1,732 posts, read 3,675,906 times
What more would you like to know? Where do you plan to move?

And if you google Rexcorp, you can find the tenants in that building. Did you also know that they have major plans to redo the Nassau Coliseum area? Long Island Lighthouse

I thought you might find this interesting.

Unread 01-03-2008, 12:56 PM

Another poster mentioned that so many things have changed, but talking to friends (few things have changed).

We were thinking about RVC area, and thanks for the article - (smiling) - I am orginally from Queens so I am a Ranger fan!

I was hoping (really) to avoid the NYC / LIRR commute and stay on the island for a job (executive level) -

I did google and it really doesnt offer much for my job hunting - thanks again.

Unread 01-03-2008, 01:16 PM

204 posts, read 271,524 times
Default Try Monster for jobs

They have a feature that lets you search just on the Island. There are also a few agencies that have offices here that only deal w/ LI placements. I moved here in June - I was still living in New England when I was hired.

House prices have been dropping - unfortunately, property taxes have not.

I like SchoolMatters - Home (http://www.schoolmatters.com/ - broken link) for school info - others like GreatSchools.net.

Good luck to you!

Unread 01-04-2008, 01:13 AM

94 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoftwinBOYS View Post
Another poster mentioned that so many things have changed, but talking to friends (few things have changed).

We were thinking about RVC area, and thanks for the article - (smiling) - I am orginally from Queens so I am a Ranger fan!

I was hoping (really) to avoid the NYC / LIRR commute and stay on the island for a job (executive level) -

I did google and it really doesnt offer much for my job hunting - thanks again.
I left LI couple yrs ago came to Miami as love the weather here but I to am going back after housing market gets bit better as have to sell my house here and after 08 elections. LI hasnt changed much or anything worth mentioning the housing market is bad in America period .

My sister lives in Bayside (Queens) . The higher paying jobs are in the city you know that but still jobs in LI .
Queens is actually growing also . My sister left the city works in Garden city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island