Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 06:51 PM

483 posts, read 667,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Quite right, I apologize. The whining tone of your comments certainly sounds familiar. I would characterize that kind of whining as histrionic and mendacious. It’s a whine that is overwhelmingly favored by a particular group of people. It’s rather their verbal thumbprint. I’ll bet everyone here can guess what group that is.
Humans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 05:34 PM

712 posts, read 609,502 times
Try something quaint like hempstead or maybe elmont. These are very lovely places for like minded asian families.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:34 AM

37 posts, read 98,526 times
Hello, honestly I do agree with one poster that said you should live wherever you want. Many, many, many communities in Nassau and Suffolk county have changed. Plenty of SD are diverse. I am a teacher in Nassau county and I can tell you about great school districts. Jericho, Syosset, Manhasset, East Williston, Plainview-Old Bethpage, Great Neck, Garden City, Roslyn, North Shore (Glen Head, Glenwood Landing, Sea Cliff), Herricks. Those are the top 10 school districts in Nassau county. With your budget however, you can live for example in Plainview and go to either POB or Syosset schools, as well as, live in New Hyde Park and be zoned for Herricks school district. You need to get a knowledgeable real estate agent who knows neighborhoods then once you have narrowed down your search a bit, go to the grocery stores, churches, community board meetings to see who lives there and if it is a town YOU feel is suitable for your family. Hope this is helpful. Good luck with your house hunting. I just closed on my house and it is a lot of work so I know how frustrating looking for a house can be!

Old 02-05-2015, 10:49 AM

157 posts, read 283,693 times
Old Bethpage is a better school district, short drive to Hicksville, and has a decent south asian population with even a hindu temple and a mosque within short driving distance.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:02 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,413,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alie621 View Post
Hello, honestly I do agree with one poster that said you should live wherever you want. Many, many, many communities in Nassau and Suffolk county have changed. Plenty of SD are diverse. I am a teacher in Nassau county and I can tell you about great school districts. Jericho, Syosset, Manhasset, East Williston, Plainview-Old Bethpage, Great Neck, Garden City, Roslyn, North Shore (Glen Head, Glenwood Landing, Sea Cliff), Herricks. Those are the top 10 school districts in Nassau county. With your budget however, you can live for example in Plainview and go to either POB or Syosset schools, as well as, live in New Hyde Park and be zoned for Herricks school district. You need to get a knowledgeable real estate agent who knows neighborhoods then once you have narrowed down your search a bit, go to the grocery stores, churches, community board meetings to see who lives there and if it is a town YOU feel is suitable for your family. Hope this is helpful. Good luck with your house hunting. I just closed on my house and it is a lot of work so I know how frustrating looking for a house can be!
Sounds like a list of best schools to get a highly paid teaching job.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:14 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,489,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
Why do Indian People like to say they are Asian? It is like Mexicans or Canadians saying they are Americans cause they are in North American

Actually Indian people are Caucasians that happen to be from Asia.

Old 02-05-2015, 02:43 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,806,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
Sounds like a list of best schools to get a highly paid teaching job.
which is impossible for any newbie teacher looking on LI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island