U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2015, 08:59 AM

4,159 posts, read 2,099,444 times

Advertisements

Great dog park over there!
Rate this post positively

Old 05-29-2015, 12:40 PM

225 posts, read 260,761 times
Who else knows more about these houses and who lives there and what kind of people live there? Why do people live there if it is known about the things that happen there? Why are the hosues a million dollers?

Old 05-30-2015, 12:18 AM

396 posts, read 846,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelzLuv View Post
Who else knows more about these houses and who lives there and what kind of people live there? Why do people live there if it is known about the things that happen there? Why are the hosues a million dollers?
AngelzLuv. Without trying to sound sarcastic, the reason that people live in these houses, and there is a high demand is because the information you are obtaining from the internet ISN'T TRUE. There are many tall tales, far fetched versions, stretched truths, big fish, etc. that are posted on a daily basis on the internet. Research your sources to see if they are credible. People make up all kinds of stories just to get attention, and they know people will fall for them. Take the Amityville Horror, an admitted hoax. One of Long Island's greatest ghost stories. You are falling for too many incredulous stories.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:24 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelzLuv View Post
A lot of wealthy people tend to join fraternities that adhere to occult practices. So these people tend to live close by to each other. Mt. Misery, for example. The men usually take turns hosting worship services at their homes while the wives drink and have Tupperware parties. Then they travel down Mt. Misery Rd with headlights off to signal to others that they're in the same group with each other.

Old 05-31-2015, 09:57 AM

18,490 posts, read 22,897,428 times
A lot of these stories are Urban legends that get passed down over the years. Do I think there are haunted places? Sure but many of the stories get changed over the years and are embellished. Seems to me every answer we give you does not seem to satisfy your curiosity.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:10 PM

225 posts, read 260,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
A lot of wealthy people tend to join fraternities that adhere to occult practices. So these people tend to live close by to each other. Mt. Misery, for example. The men usually take turns hosting worship services at their homes while the wives drink and have Tupperware parties. Then they travel down Mt. Misery Rd with headlights off to signal to others that they're in the same group with each other.
What else do you know about this? Is it in a book or in a website? Do you know where I can read about it? Is this common and do most people know about it or is it more secret? People might not know it is going on.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:36 PM

4,546 posts, read 7,947,515 times
At 4:14-15 you can hear a voice. Not sure what other proof is needed that the dead walk around Sweet Hollow Rd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrVqL2Ki-vE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYKLPx19lEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ep4i7mFdOg

Old 06-01-2015, 06:43 PM

18,490 posts, read 22,897,428 times
I had a co-worker about 10 years ago me a bunch of her friends drove on. MT Misery Rd, stopped the car and turned it off to get out and walk around. When they got back in the car it wouldn't start. Whether this true or not who knows.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:27 AM

9,827 posts, read 5,161,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I had a co-worker about 10 years ago me a bunch of her friends drove on. MT Misery Rd, stopped the car and turned it off to get out and walk around. When they got back in the car it wouldn't start. Whether this true or not who knows.
Dopes. They must have walked clockwise instead of counter-clockwise.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:49 AM

9,255 posts, read 13,374,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
At 4:14-15 you can hear a voice. Not sure what other proof is needed that the dead walk around Sweet Hollow Rd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrVqL2Ki-vE
That sounded like a whisper right into the camera's microphone. If it was from the surroundings it wouldn't be so clear, and the people in the video would've also heard it. You call that proof? I call it a B-movie. None of those are better than any film student amateurs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island