Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2015, 11:23 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
What an absolutely ridiculous nonsense joke of a post. Wouldn't expect any less from you one of the worst ex-pat bashers on here. Go back to your house/cabin/tent/shack whatever it is you live in the flyover armpit of the U.S. and leave those of us in civilization alone.
Generally this is the problem that a lot of LIer's have with the rest of the country. They think that LI is the be-all, end-all of civilization, but that is just their limited opinion. Just the way someone who lives in Manhattan believes that those who live off that island are part of the lower class "Bridge and Tunnel" crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 11:29 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,769,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Generally this is the problem that a lot of LIer's have with the rest of the country. They think that LI is the be-all, end-all of civilization, but that is just their limited opinion. Just the way someone who lives in Manhattan believes that those who live off that island are part of the lower class "Bridge and Tunnel" crowd.
I never said any of that, I was just responding to mumbly joe's ludicrous post that LI is somehow the 7th level of hell just because HE didn't like it here. What's funny is the place he has described that he lives in would be my version of hell. He can't get it through his head that just because he didn't like it or couldn't deal with it here that everyone should share his nonsense view of LI.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:47 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
the OP is a troll. comes on the LI boards every couple of months to share his/her discontent with LI and then crawls back to Pittsburgh (eww) - per the history of their posts.

The thread should be shut for trolling.
You're right! Look at this DRAMA QUEEN thread he started on the NYC forum on 11-01-2012, 01:07 PM (which ended up getting locked), stating he lives in Chinatown ...

Better Get The Power On Soon - The Projects Are Turning Into the Superdome
http://www.city-data.com/forum/26757645-post1.html

Quote:
Unfortunately, I am residing in Chinatown down under the Manhattan bridge. I just squeezed on to the M15 bus and made it all the way to midtown. It really is a tale of two cities.
Note how the third sentence is poised to start trouble in the thread already. And the title is Drama Queen material if I ever saw any.

And he really lived in Chinatown (where he was "staying with a Chinese friend" not owning anything or paying rent), then bought and sold a home on LI with high taxes, then moved to PA and bought a townhouse ... in only 2 years? Please!

We've been had! We should all block this guy. Nothing but a troublemaker and BS artist. And I usually don't put people on ignore.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:09 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,814,853 times
Then go ahead and block me. Good riddance. Stick your head in the sand and be merry. I could care less. Was merely expressing my opinion.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONYPULR View Post
50 miles by 100 miles with 3+ million people to share it all with. Yikes!
That whole cheap area that some people are drooling over because of low costs and low taxes -- Kentucky, Tennessee, W. Virginia -- there's a REASON things are cheap. For instance, you get to share your space with losers and dirtbags like this:

Cops find loaded gun in Tennessee woman

Quote:
That's no place to pack a pistol.

A Tennessee woman being booked for driving with a suspended license was slapped with weapons charges after cops found a loaded gun in her vagina.
And take a look at the picture of that thing. How would you "fans" like it if your son brought that home to dinner and said, "She's pregnant! Let's celebrate!" I'd rather share the 50x100 with 3+ million people like us LI'ers than with people like that wench, who represents a sizable portion of the lowly white people in those states. Yuck!

Even the gun up her vagina was stolen:
Quote:
Police said the $250 gun originally belonged to John Souther, a retired car salesman from Kingsport.

Souther said it was stolen from his 1994 Mustang last year while the car was parked in front of his home.

"Oh gosh," Souther, 70, told The Smoking Gun after learning where his gun was found.

The "little fellow," he said, would need a "bath in bleach."
You cannot make this stuff up! Watch the reality show about the "Gypsy Sisters" (of Tennessee) if you want to see more trash ... drunk, fighting, insane women! Watch MSNBC "Lockup" and note the prison populations in those states and some of the adjoining ones. You're not going to be living with the cream of the crop in those places, especially if the main reason you want to live there is to take advantage of the cheap areas.

At least on LI there is a lot less trash because it costs $$$ to live here, unlike the cheap, low tax areas (which results in said areas being inundated with trash or maybe the trash was there first and the areas are cheap because of that). You can't just go live in a trailer for $200 a month on LI. Even renters here have to have some money, decent jobs, basic smarts, etc., or they couldn't live here.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
Then go ahead and block me. Good riddance. Stick your head in the sand and be merry. I could care less. Was merely expressing my opinion.
#1: You "could NOT care less" is the correct phrase. You're not as smart as you think you are.

#2: Expressing your opinion is different than making up a pack of lies.

#3: The only thing you did right was choose a subject we always love to rant about! Now go back to complaining about PGH.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:40 PM

There is a ton of trash on Long Island. As NYC gentrifies, all the illegals and trash are being pushed out on to the island. Mastic Shirley, Central Islip, Wyandanch, Brentwood, Huntington Station, all trash - the list goes on and on. Increasingly, Westbury, Hicksville are going down the gutter. Hempstead is one giant *x'! Hole. That is the problem with Long Island, you have the hollowing out of the middle class. You have a growing class of Rich and TRASH. I'd rather deal with the Appalachia trash of Kentucky (they may be uneducated and poor, but at least they are godfearing and nice) unlike some of the trash you have coming out of NYC.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
There is a ton of trash on Long Island. As NYC gentrifies, all the illegals and trash are being pushed out on to the island. Mastic Shirley, Central Islip, Wyandanch, Brentwood, Huntington Station, all trash - the list goes on and on. Increasingly, Westbury, Hicksville are going down the gutter. Hempstead is one giant *x'! Hole. That is the problem with Long Island, you have the hollowing out of the middle class. You have a growing class of Rich and TRASH. I'd rather deal with the Appalachia trash of Kentucky than some of the trash you have coming out of NYC.
I'd rather NOT live in a place that never even had a middle class to hollow out, which is exactly what Appalachia is. That area has been trash for centuries and stays trash no matter how much aid money the government pumps into it. Quite telling who you would feel comfortable living with -- people who stay drunk all the time and have sex with their children and relatives.

And yes, indeed, drunk all the time, molesting children, and having sex with relatives! Read the harrowing tale of this woman who spent part of her youth living in her father's hometown in WV:

The Glass Castle: A Memoir
http://www.amazon.com/Glass-Castle-M...eannette+walls

Note where she and her siblings moved once they were old enough to have a choice:
Quote:
For two decades, Jeannette Walls hid her roots. Now she tells her own story. A regular contributor to MSNBC.com, she lives in New York and Long Island and is married to the writer John Taylor.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:51 PM

Yes, outside of Long Island everyone is on welfare and has sex with their relatives.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Yes, outside of Long Island everyone is on welfare and has sex with their relatives.
You're the one who brought up Appalachia, not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island