Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2015, 09:22 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny789987 View Post
You sound very bitter and have a lot of anger issues if you obviously have time to look through hundreds of posts of other posters in order to impeach someone who criticizes your precious home. I am sorry that you are miserable and bitter, but I was merely providing my personal opinion as to how much life was better outside of the LI area. If you enjoy paying over $10,000 in property taxes every year and being packed in like rats in a cage with hellish traffic and little access to green space, so be it. Maybe you are stuck there because of your job. If that is the case, I'm sorry, but it is too bad that you have to take out your frustration on those people who found greater peace and quality of life in Fl, PA, NC, Id, or wherever. I was merely relating my personal opinion as to not being homesick at all when I visited for the holidays. So often on here, I used to read discouragement and outright venom against those who were contemplating leaving: "You will hate it there!" "Outside of the NY area everyone is a redneck and sleeps with their relatives!" "You will never be able to eat pizza again!" Such nonsense! If you are going to accuse other people of lying, why don't you quit lying by telling newcomers that obscene and outrageous property taxes will immunize them from having to live near trash, when LI is loaded with trash and enlightened judges there are pushing even more trash into formerly sacrosanct places as Garden City.
Calling people trash seems more than a trifle bitter &/or angry, not to mention emotional & irrational.

& what's up with identifying certain places as 'sacrosanct'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2015, 09:51 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,882,711 times
Quote:
You sound very bitter and have a lot of anger issues if you obviously have time to look through hundreds of posts of other posters in order to impeach someone who criticizes your precious home. I am sorry that you are miserable and bitter, but I was merely providing my personal opinion as to how much life was better outside of the LI area. If you enjoy paying over $10,000 in property taxes every year and being packed in like rats in a cage with hellish traffic and little access to green space, so be it. Maybe you are stuck there because of your job. If that is the case, I'm sorry, but it is too bad that you have to take out your frustration on those people who found greater peace and quality of life in Fl, PA, NC, Id, or wherever. I was merely relating my personal opinion as to not being homesick at all when I visited for the holidays. So often on here, I used to read discouragement and outright venom against those who were contemplating leaving: "You will hate it there!" "Outside of the NY area everyone is a redneck and sleeps with their relatives!" "You will never be able to eat pizza again!" Such nonsense! If you are going to accuse other people of lying, why don't you quit lying by telling newcomers that obscene and outrageous property taxes will immunize them from having to live near trash, when LI is loaded with trash and enlightened judges there are pushing even more trash into formerly sacrosanct places as Garden City.
Just... wrong. Opinions are fine, but my very first response about being objective applies.

You said this with sarcasm:
Quote:
Yes, outside of Long Island everyone is on welfare and has sex with their relatives.
Maybe you should realize how much of a hypocrite you are with your blanket statements, on top of your lying. What's worse is that you don't even know you're trolling. You're putting actual thoughts behind your posts too... I can't even... seriously???

Old 01-11-2015, 10:08 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,815,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Calling people trash seems more than a trifle bitter &/or angry, not to mention emotional & irrational.

I never brought trash, another poster did saying Long Island had little of it because only well to do people could afford to live there. Hempstead???? Section 8 housing??? Hello????

Old 01-11-2015, 10:11 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,160,026 times
Quote:
The traffic, the rude people, the lack of green space. Can't wait to plow through the Holland Tunnel to get back out. I feel like a rat in a cage here. Don't believe the people that say you will feel homesick once you leave here. Don't feel homesick one bit! In fact, the relatives will have to visit me next year. Just loving my new home with the mountains, the parks, the wide open space, the availability of jobs within a half an hour of my house, and most of all the reasonable property taxes!
LOL.. this thread is what we call "move justification" I moved, I really deep down miss where I lived. So I am going to keep going back to those people and tell them how bad they have it so I can feel better about things myself.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
LOL.. this thread is what we call "move justification" I moved, I really deep down miss where I lived.

I really don't. And if I ever did, I would just think back to how much money I am saving.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:28 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
I really don't. And if I ever did, I would just think back to how much money I am saving.
If moving somewhere in order to save money is your be all and end all, why not move to Papua, New Guinea and live amongst the indigenous peoples there? Plenty of sun there (unlike your complaints about Pittsburgh). Money means nothing to them and they will never ask for it. You can bring little plastic doodads and costume jewelry with you and trade that with the natives. No supermarkets to pay ... food is free ... just hunt and gather it! No real estate costs to buy or real estate taxes to pay ... just pick some land and cop a squat! No doctors to pay ... the shamans and medicine men won't ask for money. No heating bill to pay ... the possibilities are endless for cheapskates who really want to save money! And you'll never be bored, as New Guinea has over 1,000 indigenous languages you can learn one by one. No clothing stores to pay money to ... make your own chic outfits like this:

Huli man from the Southern Highlands, Papua New Guinea

If your main goal in life is saving money, that's the way to go! Pittsburgh is for lightweight cheapskates!

PS: I hear IBM, GE and other big outsourcers are no longer "saving enough money" by hiring people in India, China, etc. There are rumors that they are now scouting Papua, New Guinea for new talent that they propose to pay with shiny rocks instead of money. I'd advise getting in now ... maybe you can get a management job (although with IBM I have to warn you they pay expats to China from the US the exact same pay as they pay the Chinese if their employees want to migrate to China, so get used to shiny rocks!)

Old 01-11-2015, 12:41 PM

If only the indigenous people of Papa New Guinea were as brilliant as their LI counterparts, they would pay their local gym teacher around $160,000 year with a fully funded early retirement to bounce around a basketball. What a brilliant and enlightened culture you have on Long Island.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
If only the indigenous people of Papa New Guinea were as brilliant as their LI counterparts, they would pay their local gym teacher around $160,000 year with a fully funded early retirement to bounce around a basketball. What a brilliant and enlightened culture you have on Long Island.
The gym teachers are paid with shrunken heads. Much better than US$ they have no use for! Shrunken heads of CD trolls are highly sought after!

Old 01-11-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post

It was today's Word of the Day on the "increase your vocabulary calendar" his mom got him for Xmas.

Old 01-11-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Really? Don't make me laugh! Doesn't look like peace and quality of life is a biggie in many of the "LI Expat Paradises." People are just blinded by the CHEAPNESS. Not surprising, the cheapo South is heavily represented on this list and NY didn't even make the list. Well cheapness is as cheapness does ...

The Most Violent Crime-Ridden States in America - TheStreet

Maryland
Florida
Louisiana
Delaware
South Carolina
New Mexico
Alaska
Nevada
Tennessee
Washington D.C.

Now for:

The Drunkest States in America - TheStreet

Illinois
Louisiana
Massachusetts
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
South Dakota
Rhode Island
North Dakota
District of Columbia

With the exception of the two time southern losers on both lists (Louisiana and D.C.), looks like this one is dominated by cheapo armpit flyover states and icy frozen hells no human being should live in (but they do and then they wonder why they're depressed and drinking). Newsflash: There's a REASON people drink so much in flyover country. And we didn't even get into the major cash crop of the midwest: methamphetamine and its addicts. Again, cheapness is as cheapness does! Arrivederci!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island