Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 02:31 PM

225 posts, read 318,069 times

Advertisements

Who knows about this house and this fire. It is a masion that was built by a man who owned stores and his daughter commited suicide in the house and now it is haunted. The little girl of the daughter found her dead and that must have been very upsetting. Now the mansion is hanted and it caught on fire this week. Who knows about this? Who has been to this house? If nobody lives there why is it there? Who goes there and why do they go? What happens in the house and why does it happen? Do the people think the fire is suspicious and that it is because it is haunted? Do people think other people do it? This house is in nassau county, ny but it is not that far from suffolk county, ny and it is about 16 miles nearby to mt.misery. Blaze destroys Woolworth mansion 'haunted' by heartbroken heiress | Daily Mail Online Mystery blaze destroys Woolworth family's $90million Long Island estate 'haunted' by heartbroken heiress who killed herself in 1917 in the 'Marie Antoinette suite' which has been locked ever since F W Woolworth built Long Island mansion in 1916 after his previous home was burned down in mystery fire Blaze erupted in first-floor bedroom of 16-acre estate on Wednesday morning, owners were out 150 firefighters battled the flames which spread quickly, one was hospitalized with carbon monoxide exposure By Associated Press Published: 09:15 EST, 29 January 2015 | Updated: 18:09 EST, 30 January 2015 Read more: Blaze destroys Woolworth mansion 'haunted' by heartbroken heiress | Daily Mail Online Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 03:06 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,116,584 times
The home was not burned down and it is owned and occupied by the former Governor of NY Hugh Careys' brother and his family who were not home at the time of the fire. I am not sure when it started but I recall that during the '70's it was a finishing or secretarial school. There was much damage to the woodwork and other antiques in the home. Not sure where you are getting your info from, but it did not burn down.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
The home was not burned down and it is owned and occupied by the former Governor of NY Hugh Careys' brother and his family who were not home at the time of the fire. I am not sure when it started but I recall that during the '70's it was a finishing or secretarial school. There was much damage to the woodwork and other antiques in the home. Not sure where you are getting your info from, but it did not burn down.
No it burned down. It said it it the newspaper and you can read about it in google. Do you know about this house?

Old 02-02-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelzLuv View Post
No it burned down. It said it it the newspaper and you can read about it in google. Do you know about this house?
Consult google again and the newspapers. IT IS STILL STANDING AND NOT BURNED DOWN. I actually know the house quite well as my dad use to work in Glen Cove.

Old 02-09-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Consult google again and the newspapers. IT IS STILL STANDING AND NOT BURNED DOWN. I actually know the house quite well as my dad use to work in Glen Cove.
It said in the newspaper that it is burned down. In th Daily Mail newspaper. Did your dad do into this house or did you go there? Blaze destroys Woolworth mansion 'haunted' by heartbroken heiress | Daily Mail Online

Old 02-09-2015, 04:58 PM

Quote:
It said in the newspaper that it is burned down. In th Daily Mail newspaper. Did your dad do into this house or did you go there? Blaze destroys Woolworth mansion 'haunted' by heartbroken heiress | Daily Mail Online

Do me and all other readers a favor. Hop in the car and check it out and report back to us. I will personally guarantee that it did NOT burn down. Or better yet, have one of the witch friends of yours do a fly by. Then report back.

Old 02-09-2015, 05:14 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
It is not completely burnt down. Looks like a few rooms were gutted, that's all. Why don't you scroll down and look at the pictures in the article you linked to and you will see that.

The only mention in the article of a Woolworth home being "burned down" is this:
Quote:
F W Woolworth built Long Island mansion in 1916 after his previous home was burned down in mystery fire

Read more: Blaze destroys Woolworth mansion 'haunted' by heartbroken heiress | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
That means a home that is pre-1916 totally burned down and had to be completely replaced (with the home in the article), not the current home standing now.

Old 03-13-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
It is not completely burnt down. Looks like a few rooms were gutted, that's all. Why don't you scroll down and look at the pictures in the article you linked to and you will see that.

The only mention in the article of a Woolworth home being "burned down" is this:

That means a home that is pre-1916 totally burned down and had to be completely replaced (with the home in the article), not the current home standing now.
Okay. Why do people think this fire happened? Was it done on purpose? Who knows about the mansion and stories about its hauting? Do many things happen there? Why did the fire happen?

Old 03-13-2015, 05:50 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,145,674 times
I would venture to say a heartbroken ghost but could also be build up energy. Also that part of Glen Cove is known as a hot spot for vortexes, some of which are connected to the ones around Mt Misery, Field 5 at Robert Moses and the site of Camp Hero. Sometimes you get what's known as St Elmo's Fire around vortexes which on occasion can start fires in locked rooms or spontaneous combustion in humans.

Old 03-13-2015, 05:53 PM

What is Field 5 at Robert Mose?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island