Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 06:11 PM

4 posts, read 6,788 times

Advertisements

Teddies had the Best Pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 06:51 PM

4 posts, read 6,788 times
My end of Elmont was around the block from Wal-Cliff. I went to BB, ATS, and Sewanhaka. I drank at the E.T., Teddies, The Cave, Belmont Tavern, Bovies, and at the hole next to Benson across from Westgate. I worked at Great Eastern ('62 - '65) in the food department. Graduated in '65. I was invited to join the Paragons and said no, as I was busy working or school. Playing the the cemetery. Skating, swimming, the school yard at BB. Almost being run over by that priest who drank and drove like a nut. I witnessed a murder when I was about 14 when a car parked down a side street, deliberately waited for a specific hitchhiker to pass, then ran him down. I got the plate number and told the woman at Westgate to write it down, and her response was that I should buy a pen and paper from her. By the time I finished that argument I had forgot the number.

I drank mostly at the E.T., and was there when Stop 20 walked in and started a fight. They left rather quickly when they got destroyed. I remember the chicken store on the corner of Meachem and Hempstead Turnpike. Later it was a bar and I drank there. Bowling at the Bowlaire, where I watched the moon landing and John Sweeny walked in with his bride to be.

Having my bike stolen at GEM by some south Floral Park low-lifes. I remember waking up one night about midnight hearing a car accelerating very fast, looking out my window and seeing Wal-cliff starting to burn. I ran to the corner and pulled the alarm. Then we had to hose down our roof as the debris was falling on our roof still in flames. Obviously it was arson. (Lightening) I played handball at BB on that big green wall. I bought my car, a black '55 chevy convertible from the gas station where Burger King later built, across from GEM. Jerry told me it was a good buy. I forgot his last name, he lived on Travis, and worked there. Mr. Meno taught us football and I had Jerry take out my guy so I could sack the quarterback. We were 11. He was big then, too. He later drove a Plymouth GTX. Jimmy Walker used to shoot birds out his bedroom window with a BB gun. He stopped as it was too easy (And I yelled at him).

I forget which Boy scout troop I belonged to, but we had to catch, skin, and cook a squirrel. George Seamens' sister was Hot!
I later drove a black '62 corvette. She left me in the dust. I also had a white '67 Fairlane convertible, a black '57 chevy convertible, and my famous midnight blue '67 1/2 SS camaro, which for about 6 months was the fastest car in Elmont.

I left for the military in '65, got home in '69, and it just was not the same. I left again in '71.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island