Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 12:11 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
I guess if you have sons. Wasn't a lot of lacrosse players form GC convicted of Rape

If you're talking about the Duke case, you must be kidding. Follow the news much?

BTW, the perpetrator of the hoax is in jail now for murdering her boyfriend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2015, 12:40 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,863,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I don't think he's talking about trading. He's talking about being an investment banker and going on the road with pitchbooks to meet potential investors and get them interested in the deal (IPOs, etc.) or to see potential clients to sell their services in making deals. The personal attributes DO help. I don't think they are going to replace investment bankers with automation anytime soon, especially when it comes to pitching clients and selling on roadshows.
This is what he said: "I got a job in the trader training program for new MBA grads. Funny Morgan the traders were all mainly white Irish Catholic who went to an Irish College and played sports and had connections."

In the heyday of trading, he would have been right. But not today.

Investment bankers - Similar career headwinds. Deals are going to fewer and fewer banks, there are fewer corporate clients to deal with and banks can no longer use their balance sheets to bait for large M&A/IPO deals (or it will impact their RoRWA). Meaning, there are now fewer jobs for dealmakers and advisory as well. Banks are paring down and going back to their old lending and saving business models.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/20/bu...anks.html?_r=0

http://www.wsj.com/articles/wall-str...ear-1424366858

http://nypost.com/2014/10/07/wall-st...tinue-to-fall/

Old 02-23-2015, 12:43 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,469,326 times
I am sure WASPS will blame Jews and Asians for the reason they can't get jobs on Wall St anymore

Old 02-23-2015, 01:46 PM

5,052 posts, read 3,955,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
I guess if you have sons. Wasn't a lot of lacrosse players form GC convicted of Rape
Is this a sick joke?

Old 02-23-2015, 01:53 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,469,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Is this a sick joke?
Those Duke players were railroaded by a corrupt DA and a women who made the entire story up, I believe the same lady is in prison for killing her boyfriend now. Moral of story never trust a stripper.

Last edited by UKWildcat1981; 02-23-2015 at 02:02 PM..

Old 02-23-2015, 02:01 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
This is what he said: "I got a job in the trader training program for new MBA grads. Funny Morgan the traders were all mainly white Irish Catholic who went to an Irish College and played sports and had connections."

In the heyday of trading, he would have been right. But not today.

Investment bankers - Similar career headwinds. Deals are going to fewer and fewer banks, there are fewer corporate clients to deal with and banks can no longer use their balance sheets to bait for large M&A/IPO deals (or it will impact their RoRWA). Meaning, there are now fewer jobs for dealmakers and advisory as well. Banks are paring down and going back to their old lending and saving business models.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/20/bu...anks.html?_r=0

Wall Street Staffing Falls Again - WSJ

Wall St. profits, jobs continue to fall | New York Post
OK thanks I admit I wasn't focusing on his entry level job in my post. So if he couldn't have gotten in on the entry, then he wouldn't have ended up going to Tokyo, etc., etc. You're right.

Old 02-23-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
This is a silly derail, the point was that the sons of rich investment bankers don't need to work lousy jobs after the days of high school sports are over like some kind of tragic Al Bundy.
Are you sure about that?

Old 02-23-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
If you're talking about the Duke case, you must be kidding. Follow the news much?

BTW, the perpetrator of the hoax is in jail now for murdering her boyfriend.
OMG! I totally forgot that aspect of it! Yeah it was a really crazy case and she went on to even crazier things!

Old 02-23-2015, 02:08 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,448,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
OMG! I totally forgot that aspect of it! Yeah it was a really crazy case and she went on to even crazier things!
Actually I think she was a hooker and the boys stiffed her and then she claimed rape.

But it does show folks in GC hang out with minorities

Old 02-23-2015, 02:11 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,448,719 times
Greg Kelly lives in GC he is a Fox news broadcaster and a rapist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island