Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 10:05 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,519,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatingforabuck View Post
No sorry didn't look at stats - they lie as the unemployment rate tells you - just what my cousins said - basically imagine cigarette smoke back before most people quit - you'd enter or exit a building or walk down the street and get a wiff of other people's smoke - well now you're just breathing pot everywhere you go. Sitting next to a car - the guy's puffing away. At the parks - you're getting stoned just sitting there. People saying they're depressed, anxious bull**** stuff getting prescriptions then selling to others - oh and we pay for that now because health insurance has to cover it. Tons more of thiefs knocking off people on the street, breaking into cars, stealing bikes, robbing wallets - getting worse. That's the deal. And the criminals are just breaking out the harder drugs now - a lot more heroine, coke all sorts of new mixes hitting the streets to make up for the loss of the illegal pot trade they lost. Not better. Unless you like smoking weed - either by second hand or yourself.
You have a child's understanding of how drugs are used and sold in this country and furthermore you sound like a ninny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 11:03 AM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,157 times
Quote:
Yes you're right - let's not worry about adding a bunch of stoners to the mix - they're all happy making their $7 an hour and maybe they'll go with that new timey way of thinking and start bringin in some RV's to live in and building tent commune in Eisenhower Park so they can spend their days rolling joints and making brownie for the stoners with "medical need". That'll elevate Nassau County. Colorado is a MESS - I have cousins who lived there - and are moving out. The PR you read about is crap. The Government does well and then they use that money to fund patronage jobs for their kids and their donors - taxes aren't going down, unemployment stats are but again - it is min wage jobs - no transferable skills being giving and petty crimes skyrocketing.
Nearly everything about this post is wrong, especially the part about Colorado. I know several people who live there and have no complaints, the legal weed has created a huge financial windfall for the state and the whole thing seems to be going quite well. Sounds like you've been getting your "news" about this from Fox.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:17 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Apparently Cuomo legalized pot heads in Nassau County and business is booming - gambling and pot - lovely country neighborhood to raise kids in - highest taxed in the Country and we get gambling and marijuana companies - some job growth industries huh?

Long Island Medical Marijuana Company Hiring for Employment
Don't get so upset! It's not a marijuana plant or farm. It's just a website that is trying to be a directory of doctors for "potential" marijuana patients. They are looking for salespeople to call up doctors all over, not just NY, and talk the doctors who are willing to prescribe marijuana into being in their directory (probably for a fee) and then potential patients know who to contact (probably for a membership fee).

As for NY's medical marijuana program, when Cuomo introduced it he said it would take 15 months to go into law (why so long when most laws go into effect in a fraction of that time?) and that (1) only 20 hospitals in the entire state of NY will have the ability to dispense marijuana, and (2) the medical conditions in order to be prescribed marijuana are very few and very stringent and very SERIOUS like cancer. I don't think there will be potheads roaming every street.

It's funny how a lot of the country call us "LIBERALS," yet in a lot of ways we are far from it.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:26 AM

1,778 posts, read 1,796,607 times
Quote:
No sorry didn't look at stats
Then you expressed your opinion that you just don't like it, and you didn't make a valid argument. CO is doing just fine with this, and maybe if you opened your mind just a crack you wouldn't be sweating for a buck.

This is an example of why LI is mired in a 1970s rut. Nimbys shout down anything and everything that doesn't fit their world view, and I don't see things ever changing.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:49 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
I am in Colorado several days a month for work. Denver, Pagosa, and Ft.Collins.

sweatingforabuck, you sure talk a lot about something you obviously know nothing about.

Old 03-08-2015, 07:30 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,244,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
You have a child's understanding of how drugs are used and sold in this country and furthermore you sound like a ninny.
Hahahaha, so true! Reefer Madness anyone?

As someone mentioned already, it is fairly simple to get now. If you asked me in college if I ever thought it would be legal in NY for recreational use (or anywhere else in the US) I would have said "not in my lifetime" but it is getting awfully close now. It has basically been decriminalized in the city already - hopefully in less than 5 years it will be legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: