Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 04:22 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,989,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetstash View Post
Best pizza in the area is Filetto's in East Northport. There's a Target, Costco and Walmart in Commack on Crooked Hill Road (about 10 minutes from me in the Elwood/Dix Hills area).

The Shop Rite down there is also better than all of the Waldbaums/Stop and Stop/Pathmark/King Kullen garbage everywhere else. Best Market in East Northport and Huntington is OK.

Of course, there's also Trader Joes in East Northport/Commack on Larkfield Road but their parking lot situation is atrocious.
Thanks so much. I really appreciate the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeroz View Post
Currently we are renting in northport. I like the town very much btw. Just could not find anything we like for sale. So settled for president streets in Centerport. Every Saturday we have farmers market in northport during summer/spring/fall

We did the presidents street too! Which one did you go for? Jefferson? We chose it because we wanted to meet people right away, and hoping the HCBA was going to facilitate that. Our kids are 4,8,10 and 13. Hope to see you!

Old 03-14-2015, 05:38 PM

5,052 posts, read 3,955,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
We did the presidents street too! Which one did you go for? Jefferson? We chose it because we wanted to meet people right away, and hoping the HCBA was going to facilitate that. Our kids are 4,8,10 and 13. Hope to see you!
If you want a low key and old fashioned summer day camp at the beach, HBCA runs one.

Old 03-14-2015, 05:40 PM

5,052 posts, read 3,955,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
I was hoping for a Target/Walmart, CVS, pizza place and a couple of supermarkets. I drive from PJV to Stony Brook for all the big shopping, so it's no biggie for me. I think I'm just used to the village shops out here is all. That being said, I know I'll also be saying goodbye to the drug dealers, gangbangers, and vagrants at the train station and our local 7-11!!! So it's a trade off.
You'll be 8 minutes from the Stop n Shop and King Kullen in Northport (on 25a) and about 9 minutes from the King Kullen and Waldbaum's and CVS in Halesite (via Cove Road) so you won't go hungry.

Old 03-14-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
You'll be 8 minutes from the Stop n Shop and King Kullen in Northport (on 25a) and about 9 minutes from the King Kullen and Waldbaum's and CVS in Halesite (via Cove Road) so you won't go hungry.
Hahaha! Thank you so much. I loved the idea of an inexpensive beach camp. I have that here in PJ, so it'll be nice to have that again there. I just mentally cannot spend thousands on a summer camp. Not with college tuition coming up 5 years from now for our son! Yikes!! I'm excited about the move. It's still Suffolk, rural, but so much closer to Nassau to see my relatives. Thanks again.

Old 03-15-2015, 11:36 AM

721 posts, read 1,566,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetstash View Post
The Shop Rite down there is also better than all of the Waldbaums/Stop and Stop/Pathmark/King Kullen garbage everywhere else. Best Market in East Northport and Huntington is OK.

Of course, there's also Trader Joes in East Northport/Commack on Larkfield Road but their parking lot situation is atrocious.

I agree 100%. Shop Rite is my store of choice but if I need a lemon I'm not driving to Commack and Best Market beats Waldbaums.

Old 03-15-2015, 02:50 PM

198 posts, read 252,399 times
As mentioned. I think stop and shop on 25a has excellent produce section. Yogurt selection is bad though.

Old 03-15-2015, 02:55 PM

198 posts, read 252,399 times
Lovebeingamommy: I PMed you.., our kids are 2 and almost 5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island