Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 12:22 AM

1,027 posts, read 2,508,366 times

Advertisements

She is a user on here, too. There's a nice area called Dolphin Park, right in front of the Village Center. It's nicely landscaped and hard scraped. There is also a nice gazebo further back around the Setauket Yacht Club, which is further down past the Village center parking lot. Idk if you're religious, but Port Jeff Village has just about every denomination church right here, in quaint buildings. The Episcopal has a great gazebo with lush grass for guests. Beehave lives in Setauket, one town over. Idk how to get ahold of her. I suggest you ride out here to check it out. We also have some cool beaches here that do not get crowded at ALL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2015, 09:05 PM

5 posts, read 9,641 times
Thank you so much, you have given me some great ideas, and I am definitely planning on heading over there. I checked out the webpage for the hall, and It's really nice. I would love to see the places you mentioned as well!!!! Do you know the names of the beaches that don't get crowded, only one I can think of out there is Cedar beach in sound beach. I am so very thankful for your help, I really appreciate it!!!!!!

Old 04-07-2015, 10:46 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,083,266 times
Look into Westmeadow Beach in Setauket/Old Field. My wife and I got married there 6 years ago. The permit cost was next to nothing, just contact Brookhaven Town.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:44 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,712,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmycuties View Post
She is a user on here, too. There's a nice area called Dolphin Park, right in front of the Village Center. It's nicely landscaped and hard scraped. There is also a nice gazebo further back around the Setauket Yacht Club, which is further down past the Village center parking lot. Idk if you're religious, but Port Jeff Village has just about every denomination church right here, in quaint buildings. The Episcopal has a great gazebo with lush grass for guests. Beehave lives in Setauket, one town over. Idk how to get ahold of her. I suggest you ride out here to check it out. We also have some cool beaches here that do not get crowded at ALL.
I'm in Stony Brook, but my suggestions are in Setauket at the Mill Pond:

The Bates House
Frank Melville Park – The Bates House

The Neighborhood House
The Setauket Neighborhood House

You rent the hall, provide your own catering, music, beverages, and clean-up. The hall rentals were fair -- around $750 or $800.

The Neighborhood house overlooks the Mill Pond from the opposite side of Main St

The Bates House is in the Arboretum and has a lovely path to the water. It is more private and secluded as it is tucked in behind the Caroline Church. You would never know it is there. There's a lovely gazebo, porch, and lawn. If there weather's nice, any children can run around outside and you don't have to worry about them running into a street.

Further east in Miller Place:

Miller Place Surf Club offers an amazing Sound view, an intimate venue, and good food. If you don't want to concern yourself with clean up and set up, etc., they offer a buffet package which starts at $30pp Sun-Thurs; $35pp Fri-Sat. I've been to several functions there and found they did a fine job.
Miller Beach Surf Club

Old 04-10-2015, 07:53 AM

50 posts, read 68,688 times
how about sagitos park? there is a beach there and afterwards you can have an outdoor venue, granting the weather is still nice. which I hope after this winter. congratulations!

Old 04-10-2015, 08:09 AM

402 posts, read 518,597 times
I read somewhere that Amityville Harbor has a very nice hall- Bay Village Civic Association

Its right on the water and the fee is very reasonable...

Congrats on a milestone event btw--- i hope to someday reach 25 years myself as this is extremely rare to hear these days. Have a wonderful celebration with your friends and family!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island