Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2016, 08:04 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,882,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1174Sixer View Post
What's more annoying - neighbor's landscapers and their leaf blowers, or the neighbor with the 3-foot tall grass and unkempt yard because they can't afford a landscaper and/or don't have the time to do it themselves?
Yeah it's the landscapers that are more annoying.

You would think these landscapers would actually try to be friendlier and more CONSIDERATE with the neighborhood they work in. Maybe those who haven't hired them actually would then. I got an ad for $16 cut and trim which is very enticing, but you know what? F them.

My lawn looks just as nice as everyone else's anyway. Especially when dandelions pop up regardless of how much they've spent on landscapers. I do something about them and they won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 12:23 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Do people realize how annoying their roosters are?

Old 04-28-2016, 12:52 PM

8,692 posts, read 11,078,805 times
there are some roosters in this sub-forum

Old 04-28-2016, 07:07 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,755,476 times
First work problems....

Old 05-01-2016, 03:02 PM

93 posts, read 139,707 times
Default Landscapers

If any of your neighbors do not keep up their properties, as you are complaining of their landscapers, you probably will be the first to complain that such a neighbor is bringing down your property value; all of us must have some time to clean our properties at any respected time of day, in any way it it's done. If you're outside with your kids, go inside with them and continue playing as I'm sure there is plenty of entertainment to indulge in to make up for that short period, and make up some other time. It's a beautiful thing to see your neighbor's property is clean and crafty, and hope you keep yours up as well. You might want to approach your selected neighbor to ask the landscapers not to blow the waste, and to clean their mess they've created off of your property; personally, I do not think it's fair for them to do so. I do my own yard, I go to my neighbor's properties and clean my mess, as well as blowing the dusts off of their cars.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:33 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
I think in Suffolk County Ny if neighbors don't take care of their yard they might be witches.

Old 05-06-2016, 05:30 PM

51 posts, read 82,752 times
There are 22 houses in my u-shaped neighborhood and none of the neighbors within 2 houses of ours use the same crew. This means that from Mon-Sat from 8 until sometimes almost 9, you have some yahoos blowing in whatever weather, rain or shine, shifting leaves and dust from one property line to another and just turning on their blowers - usually 2 at a time - for the sake of making noise and creating the illusion of working hard.

It's day in and day out, all day since you usually have 4 crews a day spend upwards of an hour making noise and blowing dust. Ten years ago it wasn't this bad. People would actually rake up their debris, bag it, and it was quiet. Now you have dust and dirt flung about nonstop so that you can never leave your windows open for fresh air without the likelihood of something being blown inside.

It's maddening and I can't wait to pay off the house, rent it out for income and be done with this neighborhood. Don't get me started on the twits who let their pets -cats and dogs alike- run loose and urinate/defecate wherever they please and kill your grass (but spare theirs). The lack of consideration for others is disgusting.

Last edited by longislandicedteaforme; 05-06-2016 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: Auto-correct typos

Old 05-06-2016, 06:53 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I think in Suffolk County Ny if neighbors don't take care of their yard they might be witches.
if you don't keep your yard nice I heard they hang you from the flag pole at village hall.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:17 PM

2,202 posts, read 4,328,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Some of us accept the fact the "golf course green" look isn't classy for a residence. The less pretentious look of a country garden is much more homey. But that doesn't mean we're not into witchcraft, too.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:19 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
I. Hate. The yard guys.

Noise. Pollution. The smell of gas.

Ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island