Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 09:50 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,109,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
Well, if I misread your meaning, you have my apologies. Animal rights activists tend to use discussion sites and CL to incite others to go after people who have mistreated animals. I understand that frustration. It's just that they tend to forget that these criminals may have families and the family members' safety could be endangered from the online inciting. And, as bad as animal cruelty is, I believe that extreme animal activists do not care if innocent human beings are harmed as a result of retribution.
You absolutely misread by far. I am an animal lover, I am outraged, and want to know more as I can't see the full article. Read the hundred plus news day comments. Obviously this is a serious topic for many on Long Island, if not you, then move along. That's exactly why I said no trolling, which your taking my thread off topic is doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 09:52 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,989,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2BHere View Post
You absolutely misread by far. I am an animal lover, I am outraged, and want to know more as I can't see the full article. Read the hundred plus news day comments. Obviously this is a serious topic for many on Long Island, if not you, then move along. That's exactly why I said no trolling, which your taking my thread off topic is doing.
I sent you the article. I love how people who have opinions that differ from another poster are deemed trolls. If you post a thread, don't tell people to move along. I take animal cruelty seriously.

Old 05-16-2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:
I\. I take animal cruelty seriously.
Then how could you not want to know if this guy has done anything like this (or even been accused) before?

Old 05-16-2015, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Then how could you not want to know if this guy has done anything like this (or even been accused) before?
Because to me it doesn't matter. This one act was enough. He's a crazy dirtbag. And because the bottom line is that these murderers don't face any jail time worthy of what their crime was.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Because to me it doesn't matter. This one act was enough. He's a crazy dirtbag. And because the bottom line is that these murderers don't face any jail time worthy of what their crime was.
Well to me it matters. God only knows what else this man could have done, or if this is not taken seriously, could do again.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Well to me it matters. God only knows what else this man could have done, or if this is not taken seriously, could do again.

Well I'm sure it's not his first issue, record or no record. The real crime is he won't face any serious time. And CPS wouldn't touch this, either. So, everyone loses.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Well I'm sure it's not his first issue, record or no record. The real crime is he won't face any serious time. And CPS wouldn't touch this, either. So, everyone loses.
Well then if that is the case, his future reputation is his own doing. Maybe his family will (or will not) forgive him or ever trust him again, but many people he deals with will never (and should never). You do this and you are capable of many horrible things i would imagine.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Well then if that is the case, his future reputation is his own doing. Maybe his family will (or will not) forgive him or ever trust him again, but many people he deals with will never (and should never). You do this and you are capable of many horrible things i would imagine.
I'm with you. I'd never speak to him again. But a lot of people will get over it because "it's only a dog". We need to make the laws and penalties tougher.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:25 PM

Quote:
I'm with you. I'd never speak to him again. But a lot of people will get over it because "it's only a dog". We need to make the laws and penalties tougher.
This is the discussion I was hoping to have. That's premeditated cold blooded murder in a very violent way. Even those who feel it's just a dog I would imagine would react to this incident…this was a horrible premeditated thing to do and then carry out. That's why I want to know more. What did his family think happened to the dog? Did they look for the dog? What was his reason for doing this to the dog? Etc? I am simply curious as an animal lover who is outraged and shocked this man could do this? Plan it and then follow through to do it. Drown the dog and I imagine think he would NEVER get caught. I am so glad he did and hope justice can prevail for this innocent dog (and to protect others!!).

Old 05-16-2015, 11:03 PM

Quote:
This is the discussion I was hoping to have. That's premeditated cold blooded murder in a very violent way. Even those who feel it's just a dog I would imagine would react to this incident…this was a horrible premeditated thing to do and then carry out. That's why I want to know more. What did his family think happened to the dog? Did they look for the dog? What was his reason for doing this to the dog? Etc? I am simply curious as an animal lover who is outraged and shocked this man could do this? Plan it and then follow through to do it. Drown the dog and I imagine think he would NEVER get caught. I am so glad he did and hope justice can prevail for this innocent dog (and to protect others!!).
Yeah, to plan this, AND follow through with the plan, AND then to not reconsider and get the poor thing out of the water? The article didn't give any decent details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island