Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 08:11 PM

1,917 posts, read 7,080,482 times

Advertisements

Please read, please no trolling on this one, very serious. Does anyone know this man? Does he have any other criminal record? It starts with animals, next is children or people, or more animals.

From Newsday….A West Islip man has been charged with chaining a cinder block around the neck of his family's dog last September and drowning it in a canal behind his home, the Suffolk SPCA said Saturday.

Moderator cut: name & address removeds, was arrested Friday morning after an eight-month investigation by Suffolk County police and the SPCA and charged with felony animal cruelty.

John , West Islip man, charged in drowning of dog - Newsday

CAN ANYONE POST THE FULL ARTICLE? I CAN'T SEE IT.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 05-17-2015 at 05:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 09:37 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,975,793 times
Why are you posting this and asking if anyone knows him or his criminal record?

Old 05-16-2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
Why are you posting this and asking if anyone knows him or his criminal record?
I asked if he has ANY OTHER criminal record that may be known. And it's called a discussion about a criminal and his arrest article in a newspaper, that's why.

Why not ask? Do something as sick as this, and there is a good chance of other accusations or history. I also stated, I cannot see the full article which may list other convictions, or arrests, as they do with any criminal who is arrested.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:18 PM

Yes, that's asking about his criminal background. I just think it's weird that you're focusing on this one guy. We have murderers, rapists, and the like roaming this island. Why a thread for just him? He did a disgusting thing to an innocent creature. But this thread is creepy.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Yes, that's asking about his criminal background. I just think it's weird that you're focusing on this one guy. We have murderers, rapists, and the like roaming this island. Why a thread for just him? He did a disgusting thing to an innocent creature. But this thread is creepy.
Why not a thread re his arrest? He was just arrested after an ongoing investigation since last year, for doing something extremely horrible to an (HIS) innocent animal. Just as any thread for any local issue would come up after a news article. After all, this is the Long Island board so what's so shocking about discussing this local criminal?

Old 05-16-2015, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2BHere View Post
Why not a thread re his arrest? He was just arrested after an ongoing investigation since last year, for doing something extremely horrible to an (HIS) innocent animal. Just as any thread for any local issue would come up after a news article. After all, this is the Long Island board so what's so shocking about discussing this local criminal?
It just seems like you're trying to incite something. A lot of radical animal lovers tend to do this.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:33 PM

Quote:
It just seems like you're trying to incite something. A lot of radical animal lovers tend to do this.
Local news, local discussion, just as we discuss any local news issue on here. They just arrested him after an ongoing investigation, yes, that's something to discuss since it was being investigated as to who killed this poor dog since last year. Maybe it's not important news to you but it is to many.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Local news, local discussion, just as we discuss any local news issue on here. They just arrested him after an ongoing investigation, yes, that's something to discuss since it was being investigated as to who killed this poor dog since last year. Maybe it's not important news to you but it is to many.
You weren't discussing. You wanted to know if people knew him and what his criminal history is. That just doesn't strike me as discussion; rather, you doing fact finding on this site. For what purpose? Why do you want to know if people know him? Do you post about arrests of people who molest children locally? Or murder locally?

Old 05-16-2015, 10:40 PM

Quote:
You weren't discussing. You wanted to know if people knew him and what his criminal history is. That just doesn't strike me as discussion; rather, you doing fact finding on this site. For what purpose? Why do you want to know if people know him? Do you post about arrests of people who molest children locally? Or murder locally?
You are reading in to it. Just curious if someone could do something so sick and if this was a first offense. And I would be just as curious if it was anything else I found extremely horrible, in our area, living among us as a threat to our pets, children, etc.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:47 PM

Quote:
You are reading in to it. Just curious if someone could do something so sick and if this was a first offense. And I would be just as curious if it was anything else I found extremely horrible, in our area, living among us as a threat to our pets, children, etc.
Well, if I misread your meaning, you have my apologies. Animal rights activists tend to use discussion sites and CL to incite others to go after people who have mistreated animals. I understand that frustration. It's just that they tend to forget that these criminals may have families and the family members' safety could be endangered from the online inciting. And, as bad as animal cruelty is, I believe that extreme animal activists do not care if innocent human beings are harmed as a result of retribution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island