Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 12:42 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,961,031 times

Advertisements

Bottom line is LIQuest will never own a house. March 2016 is his new target, which is now into year three that he has been teasing us about his grand plans.

Just give it up already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 05:51 AM

538 posts, read 1,007,269 times
Pidge, I think Quest got booted again. He hasn't posted in 5 days. Either that, or maybe he suffered a serious hand injury while DJing a backyard party for his 6 year old cousins, friends, uncles, brothers, birthday partyin Dix Hills. Spinning those records backwards, and acting gangsta is tough living. Move over Alaskan deep sea crab fishing, your deadly job has now been bumped to 2nd most dangerous to DJ.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:51 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC here I come View Post
Pidge, I think Quest got booted again. He hasn't posted in 5 days. Either that, or maybe he suffered a serious hand injury while DJing a backyard party for his 6 year old cousins, friends, uncles, brothers, birthday partyin Dix Hills. Spinning those records backwards, and acting gangsta is tough living. Move over Alaskan deep sea crab fishing, your deadly job has now been bumped to 2nd most dangerous to DJ.

No, he is still here just shifting to a new locale to move to. Ah, the joy of blue pushpins on a map.

Old 07-03-2015, 03:25 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,961,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
No, he is still here just shifting to a new locale to move to. Ah, the joy of blue pushpins on a map.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...Y.kyxx1Lb8C8-o

Old 07-06-2015, 12:54 PM

25 posts, read 38,397 times
I've been following these threads for a while now. I just want to make sure I get it...

LIQUEST is a troll, right? I'm 100% sure of it, but hundreds of responses show people continue to bite.

My guess is that there's either zero reality in anything he's saying, or there is some reality and a point is looking to be proven.

My assessment is that the entire LIQUEST character/situation is simply a satire of how ridiculous things are on LI. To have hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank, honest, decent paying jobs and zero chance at being able to afford a middle class lifestye is exactly why LI has become a mockery. LIQUEST has just taken to these forums to prove the point even further.

Honestly, I'm impressed at his commitment to the character.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:14 PM

4,697 posts, read 8,755,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galama View Post
I've been following these threads for a while now. I just want to make sure I get it...

LIQUEST is a troll, right? I'm 100% sure of it, but hundreds of responses show people continue to bite.

My guess is that there's either zero reality in anything he's saying, or there is some reality and a point is looking to be proven.

My assessment is that the entire LIQUEST character/situation is simply a satire of how ridiculous things are on LI. To have hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank, honest, decent paying jobs and zero chance at being able to afford a middle class lifestye is exactly why LI has become a mockery. LIQUEST has just taken to these forums to prove the point even further.

Honestly, I'm impressed at his commitment to the character.
um, no.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
um, no.
In the context of the US as a whole, not just LI

Old 07-06-2015, 01:34 PM

4,697 posts, read 8,755,638 times
Quote:
In the context of the US as a whole, not just LI
these are not youngsters out of college. Their combined income is less than 70k (with planned kids in the near future) and they're in their 30s. If you want to live in rural America on that number, well have at it hoss. But I can't see a family living well on that income in the vast majority of metropolitan areas in this country.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
these are not youngsters out of college. Their combined income is less than 70k (with planned kids in the near future) and they're in their 30s. If you want to live in rural America on that number, well have at it hoss. But I can't see a family living well on that income in the vast majority of metropolitan areas in this country.
The average household income in the US is $50k.

$70k is about $50k after taxes. Round down to $4k/month. Take a $200k home with $1500 property taxes, which is doable in many areas of the country. If they put $100k down, they'd have $100k in the bank still. Mortgage taxes and interest would be around $700/month. I think that's doable on a $4k take-home.

So I guess my answer to your question is: you're wrong.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:52 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,082,559 times
Quote:
The average household income in the US is $50k.

$70k is about $50k after taxes. Round down to $4k/month. Take a $200k home with $1500 property taxes, which is doable in many areas of the country. If they put $100k down, they'd have $100k in the bank still. Mortgage taxes and interest would be around $700/month. I think that's doable on a $4k take-home.

So I guess my answer to your question is: you're wrong.
No, you're wrong. This is Long Island we're talking about. When he is only making close to $20K GROSS, meaning he's only netting in the $12-15K range, and she's questionably making $50K when I really think she's probably making closer to $35K they can NOT survive here.

Then there is the $200K in savings. Do you honestly think they have that in savings?

$1500 in property taxes? Where is that? I live in a condo and my taxes are even higher than that. Long Island, you're lucky if you have taxes below $6K a year, rising every year.

And, where are they finding a $200K house in a neighborhood where they are looking? $200K houses, that are rip downs can only be found in areas like Farmingville, Mastic, Brentwood, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island