U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2015, 06:45 PM

4,585 posts, read 8,011,249 times

Advertisements

Or better, the knuckleheads down here that want to close the Museum of the Civil War. Good lord if people have to actually confront history.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 06:56 PM
Status: "Rough start to 2021 I was hoping it would be better" (set 28 days ago)

11,867 posts, read 11,555,973 times
/\

Don't forget the same morons want to get rid of the monuments on monument ave.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:00 PM

4,585 posts, read 8,011,249 times
Yup. I wouldn't mind their arguments if they were at least somewhat informed.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:35 PM

6,281 posts, read 5,519,483 times
What bothers me is the knee jerk emotional energy that is being put on something that is a living part of our history that actually should not be forgotten .
That's like those that try to claim the holocaust never happened.
Choosing to be offended and making a big deal out of it is particularly selfish and childish.
Like the gays attacking Christians for every thing they wish just to make a buck, and attack Christians legally, but as immorally as their hypocritical cause.
Blacks convieniently forget that Lincon wanted to send blacks back to Africa.
Back where their ansestors came from, and their own people caught them and sold them into slavery to the Muslim that took and sold them around the known world.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:00 PM

814 posts, read 765,387 times
The Confederate Flag flew for 4 years during the war, before that flag slavery flew under both the American and British Flags, in the 1700's New York had twice as many slaves as Georgia did during the Civil War.

You liberals dont even know which flag to hate cause you go by assumption and progressive brain washing taught most likeky by your liberal college professors.

Lincoln wanted to save the Union, if he could have done it without abolishing slavery he may have.

Black history is a big part of that flag and by taking it down we're saying our history does not matter.

The list is long and many blacks have gone on to be very successful in this country, to name a few:

1 Frederick Douglass.
2. Martin Luther King.
3. General Colin Powell.
4 Oprah Winfrey.
5. Our current President.

Not to mention black people also bought us rythym and blues and rock and roll.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:13 PM

2,747 posts, read 3,640,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEN 1 View Post
The Confederate Flag flew for 4 years during the war, before that flag slavery flew under both the American and British Flags, in the 1700's New York had twice as many slaves as Georgia did during the Civil War.

You liberals dont even know which flag to hate cause you go by assumption and progressive brain washing taught most likeky by your liberal college professors.

Lincoln wanted to save the Union, if he could have done it without abolishing slavery he may have.

Black history is a big part of that flag and by taking it down we're saying our history does not matter.

The list is long and many blacks have gone on to be very successful in this country, to name a few:

1 Frederick Douglass.
2. Martin Luther King.
3. General Colin Powell.
4 Oprah Winfrey.
5. Our current President.

Not to mention black people also bought us rythym and blues and rock and roll.

Are you for real? Blacks do not like that flag. Most blacks who became successful, did so AFTER leaving the south.

MLK was killed in the south. Colin Powell never lived there. Neither this Pres. Obama.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:20 PM

So that must mean that black Americans also hate the American flag because slavery was about 240 years long in our country and since the Confederate battle flag only flew for 4 years guess which flag represented slavery the longest.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:32 PM

My debate isnt about wether slavery was right or wrong, we all know it was wrong, my best friend and closest Army buddy I had was a black man, and what about the Tuskagee Airmen? You think they let that flag stop them from serving our country and becoming heros.

We're attacking the history of our country, thats what makes me mad, a history that we need to learn from not hide from.

I studied military history and Im a prior service Army veteran. I also lived in Germany and the Confederate Battle Flag has nothing in common with the Nazi German flag.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:34 PM
Status: "Rough start to 2021 I was hoping it would be better" (set 28 days ago)

11,867 posts, read 11,555,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEN 1 View Post
So that must mean that black Americans also hate the American flag because slavery was about 240 years long in our country and since the Confederate battle flag only flew for 4 years guess which flag represented slavery the longest.
Its not which flag slavery flourish under that is the issue, it's the flag flown by a government who wanted to keep people enslaved, it's the flag brandished by every hate group as a message to those they deem less worthy. It is used to intimidate & threaten, it's display in SC didn't start till the civil rights movement as a message and a threat to those who tried to get the equal right they deserved.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:06 PM

Our history has to be preserved as a reminder not to repeat the past. I was born and New York and now also reside in Virginia, we live in alot of that history, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Battle of Widerness all less then an hour drive from where I live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island