Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 02:24 PM

404 posts, read 870,946 times

Advertisements

Shows what I know...

Reopening the Pantry - Rockville Centre - LIHerald.com - Nassau County's source for local news, breaking news, sports, entertainment & shopping
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 02:23 PM

14 posts, read 52,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyJet View Post
Lemon Grass
2710 Long Beach Rd
Oceanside, NY 11572

This is where Mitchells is moving too.

BTW there is a small coffee shop on Lawson if you want bacon and eggs in morning. And another coffee shop in Island Park.

Applebees is kinda like a dinner.
Thanks, and thanks to everyone else who replied. I don't live in Oceanside and my 81 year old mother who does has been at a bit of a loss about this.

Do you know when Mitchells is reopening?

Old 08-17-2015, 06:27 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,422,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuretoo View Post
Thanks, and thanks to everyone else who replied. I don't live in Oceanside and my 81 year old mother who does has been at a bit of a loss about this.

Do you know when Mitchells is reopening?
No sure. I had dinner the last week it was open. I talked to owners and told me they tried to move, looked at the old Mim's in Island Park and the Pantry and a few other places and none of it worked out. They also said a Diner is a ton of work and places like AppleBees, did not exist 30 years ago and those chain restaurants stole a lot of casual dining business

Then they told me the smaller Asian place right by their diner is struggling and they spoke to owner of restaurant and landlord and have it worked out they will take over lease and reopen a smaller easier to manager Mitchels where they no longer own the property and less headaches. They did not give me timeframe just that they have worked it out and that is where they are moving.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:08 PM

Just wondering if anyone has any updated information on whether/when Mitchell's will reopen?

Thanks!

Old 10-30-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByWayofCanarsie View Post
I really miss the Pantry; what is going on with that building? It has been a zombie for about a decade now.

The Golden Reef is a pretty good diner and not too far from Oceanside. There's also a really great diner in Freeport - The Imperial. That's probably the best in the area.

Thanks for the Imperial Diner recommendation- turns out it's close enough to my mother that she's comfortable giving it a try.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:15 AM

19,848 posts, read 20,588,668 times
There's been work going on at The Pantry.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:27 AM

694 posts, read 1,199,279 times
With the proliferation of chain restaurants, diners are dying breed. I love diners for their large menus, the fact that you can come there wearing pajamas, bring a bunch of screaming kids, order milkshake after burger and no one blinks at your gluttony. We have been going to the Diner by the Sea in Long Beach after Mitchell's closure, also, the International café in RVC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island